Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?

Article about: Thanks for posting those pictures. Very impressive collection of visor caps.

Thanks for posting those pictures.
    Very impressive collection of visor caps.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?
    P
    Many

Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?More....here are the two Saris books which analyze this badge in deep detail.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Thanks for posting those pictures.
    Very impressive collection of visor caps.
    Thanks. Good luck with your collecting. If your badge is surplus, I am happy to give it a new home.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-18-2014 at 11:15 PM.

I've been told the gold color of mine might be a
    somewhat more seldom seen early version of
    this M29 cap badge.

Any thoughts?
    gregM

myself around.

According to uniform-regulations this type of eagle was not only worn by political organizations,
    but state organizations as well (see image from the Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei).
    For example a golden version was in use at various states with the official forestry-uniform.
    Note: also these state eagles should be RZM-marked.

Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?

Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?

In a new book, which I am writing at the moment, this subject will be deepened out more,
    especially related to organizations as customs, postal organizations, Reichsbahn and related,
    and forestry!

Here a piece of text from a January 30, 1934 uniform-regulation for Prussian state forestry
    officials.

Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 07-19-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks, as always, to Wim Saris for his excellent and generous contributions.

For the benefit of the non-German speaking members, allow me to add an English translation of the above documents, as these are of general interest.

1. Excerpt from the RZM's Mitteilungsblatt:

"Cap national insignia for public authorities of the Reich, the states, municipalities, Reichsbahn and Reichspost

As an amendment to our directives on the manufacture and sale of the aforementioned national insignia, published in the Mitteillungsblatt, issue 7 of 14th July 1934 and issue 8 of 21st July 1934, the following is ruled:

Manufacture of the new-model national insignia introduced for the public authorities is only permitted for those companies that hold a permission to manufacture official party badges on the basis of Article 1 § 5 of the Gesetz gegen heimtückische Angriffe auf Staat und Partei und zum Schutz der Parteiuniformen* of 20th December 1934. The manufacturers have to apply to the Reichszeugmeisterei, Unterabteilung Metall** for a special confirmation of the permit given to them, which is to be submitted to the procurement offices of the authorities. The confirmation is issued free of charge. In addition to the Reichszeugmeisterei's control mark, the permit no. M1/... is to be stamped into these national insignia."

*) Lit. "Law against malicious attacks on the state and party and for the protection of party uniforms", known for short as the Heimtückegesetz.

**) RZM sub-department for metal goods.

2. Excerpt from the Prussian state forestry's 1934 uniform regulations:

"On the front, the national insigne of the NSDAP in unaltered design, made of gilt brass. The national insigne is to be affixed in such a way that the lower edge of the outer wreath adjoins to the upper edge of the hat band."
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-19-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Thank you
    gregM

myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Thank you
    Thanks to all for fine posts.

The neusilber finish on said badges can also get a yellowish patina.

Thank you all for the help.

here is a shot of the group that was given to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS/SA Cap Eagle?  
    gregM

myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2