Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

Article about: I just bought this totenkopf in Germany. I could not find any maker's marks on it. Is it legit? Thanks, Pablo.

Default re: Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

I believe that one to be genuine... I hope so anyway, it's mine!

I think the one you posted is a copy of this type, though if you compare the two, yours has much softer detail; look at the teeth. Also, just the flawless appearance and finish of the metal looks 'off' to me. Having said that, I believe mine was dug up, so of course they will look different in that respect. It's down to more experienced collectors to give their thoughts on the appearance of yours. I'm not saying it's definitely a fake, just that to my understanding, the finish looks incorrect. Perhaps this is how they legitimately look when in original condition.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early style Totenkopf.....ok?
    P
    Many

Also, the prongs on yours are different- on mine, they are long and over-lap, and end in diagonal slants (presumably for the purpose of piercing material). I have no idea if variation in such details would have occurred in period pieces. I know that Friedrich will despair at such trivial discussion of prongs...

Mat
    Last edited by ToxicGas; 10-16-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Toxic this skull is fake.
    I have same and planted in my garden to see how will be aged in the ground.
    Thanks Peter

Quote by Calvaria View Post
    Toxic this skull is fake.
    I have same and planted in my garden to see how will be aged in the ground.
    Thanks Peter
    Which, mine? Please explain why if so, I've posted it on these forums multiple times and no one has disputed it.

Mat

?

Do any authentics have makers marks on the prongs?

The Overhoff Totenschaedel of 1935/6 pattern, i.e. 2d Form, sometimes has a M1/24 stamp on the prongs.

I cannot believe I just typed the word: "prongs..."

The Hussarentotenkoepfe were made by Assmann, and by Steinhauer & Lueck, and likely by many, many others, to be sure. I am also sure that none of the collectors here can determine same with much accuracy.
    Look in the Assmann catalog for the varieties, as well as a kind of base line of an authentic piece.Early style Totenkopf.....ok?

Toxic your is orginal (:
    Thanks
    Peter

Quote by Calvaria View Post
    Toxic your is orginal (:
    Thanks
    Peter
    Sorry for misunderstanding your post.

Mat

Im sorry to
    Peter

Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Early style Totenkopf.....ok?Just another "scull" thread, friends. Also filled with "prongs...." Enough to make anyone's heart sink.
    Mr. Toxic Gas seems to want to learn, which is to his credit.
    Otherwise, a thread of this type, complete with ambiguous and confusing material, appears every three to five days, and when I post authentic material, there is no word of recognition or thanks. The halt and leading the blind here...
    The proprietors here are going to make changes in this connection....that is, to place these threads in their own special restricted area...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast