Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early Totenkopf

Article about: by jHAM Here is an interesting Stammabteilung skull. This photo is from Bob Hritz who we all owe a debt of graditude. Attachment 235281 Thank you F-B, Ade and Mr. Hritz. Thanks to you all, i

Default Re: Early Totenkopf

Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly Totenkopf
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    Here is an interesting Stammabteilung skull. This photo is from Bob Hritz who we all owe a debt of graditude.
    Attachment 235281

Thank you F-B, Ade and Mr. Hritz.
    Thanks to you all, in turn. The Stammabteilung for the SSTV would be something, indeed. The organization of the Allgemeine SS as described in the Organisationsbuch d NSDAP describes the roles and missions of this organization.Early Totenkopf

To be frank, I am not sure that this branch of the Allgem. SS amounted to much in the greater scheme of things, but its regalia is rare and interesting. Forty six years of persistence has resulted in the addition of such a uniform to my collection, for which I am grateful to my colleagues on this site for such a special treat. Also, the piece on the Herman site is still for sale and is an even better piece in terms of quality of tailoring than what I have recently acquired....lest someone assert a conflict of interest here, I am chums with all the parties involved, so there.....

PS the cap illustrated here is not original to this Montur, but resembles the ones found with this tunic in the southwest from the veteran's heirs in 1995. It is for illustrative purposes.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-28-2011 at 04:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Friedrich...you forgot to include a Sanity test as well...lol William
    How true. Such begs the question whether any of us is sane, which in my case is a very doubtful proposition. I do not claim sanity with foetid woolens, but I am not so far gone as to be seized of "crimped prongs." Nor do I have delusions that the Descher and son persons cued me into the dies and such along with the Weisswuerst on 12 September 1936 on a sunny day in the suburbs of Munich Feldkirchen.....

Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly Totenkopfwe have hijacked the early Totenkopf thread, but things have their own pace here, as in, when God strides by, then jump on the hem of history, as Bismarck said it best....

F.B., how do you know the history of a collection from a neighboring town's animal control officer? Strange. Anyway, niffty "stuff", with strong prongy things holding on the skulls. I was thinking F.B. that maybe you've been remanded to a realm similar to Dante's purgatory, viewing skulls. I will now remove myself from this subject I know very little about, but enjoy looking at often.

Jay

Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfHell is a place where eleven year olds post "scull" threads and I am compelled to answer them in patient prose and insightful historical analysis. Actually, I look at real cap badges every day, but I long ago stopped pulling them off of my caps, with wisdom obtaining at a late age.
    I realize that most people reading this have never owned an SS cap, or an SS cap badge, and they want to do so mightily. I am sorry for how unfair life is, but I would note that few people here share from mature collections with nary a constructive insight.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 235379Attachment 235369Attachment 235345Attachment 235346Attachment 235347Attachment 235348

You are welcome. The image is courtesy Derek C and the insignia courtesy of David D. The uniform is now mine.Attachment 235349
    F-B
    Thank you for the photos of Stammabteilung insignia and congratulations for adding one of these interesting uniforms to your collection. Your collection is first rate and even better is your willingness to share with the often flighty and mean internet world. I notice that there is no listing for Stammabteilung in the Gliederung of the SSTV.
    Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly Totenkopf
    Thank you again F-B.
    Last edited by jHAM; 08-29-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Thank you FB for showing your wonderful collection! I always drool a bit when I see it. I would be very happy with just one cap

/regards Mike

Quote by jHAM View Post
    F-B
    Thank you for the photos of Stammabteilung insignia and congratulations for adding one of these interesting uniforms to your collection. Your collection is first rate and even better is your willingness to share with the often flighty and mean internet world. I notice that there is no listing for Stammabteilung in the Gliederung of the SSTV.
    Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly Totenkopf
    Thank you again F-B.
    Thanks for the fine extracts from the Org book. and for your kind words and fine role here.

Early TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly TotenkopfEarly Totenkopf
    Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Thank you FB for showing your wonderful collection! I always drool a bit when I see it. I would be very happy with just one cap

/regards Mike
    Thank you. Truth be told, I should have stopped with just one, but it is akin to potato chips, but more costly and less oily. Thanks for your patience with my bad manners, but someone has to show some real regalia to you all.

[QUOTE=Friedrich-Berthold;
    Thank you. Truth be told, I should have stopped with just one, but it is akin to potato chips, but more costly and less oily. Thanks for your patience with my bad manners, but someone has to show some real regalia to you all.[/QUOTE]

I can´t see no bad manner here. And for me you can post how many pictures of your lovely collection as you want. To see authentic SS uniforms and visors is like opium for the soul. Keep posting it and if others think it´s not yours then it´s their problem. And I can understand your frustration about the skull threads. Over 50% of the threads here are about skulls. And like you said they are VERY overpriced. If SS uniform regalia were less expensive I think more of us could afford nice uniforms and visors but because of the high prices I think many of us collectors who wants to collect SS items chooses to collect the insignia instead and the grinning visor skull is to many the ultimate symbol of the SS. Not for me though.
    That´s probably why they are so expensive, because they are not rare at all, but very sought after. I prefer them sitting on a nice visor but due to the high prices of them I probably never will own one. But I do love to watch nice pictures of them like the ones you are posting

/Mike

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast