Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake Skull on Black SS Cap

Article about: I was browsing a reputable WWII German militaria site, and I stumbled upon a cap that is listed as an Allgemeine-SS enlisted man's visor cap. The description states that the cap has "th

Fake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapShea has this item, a 1936 made black SS cap with the more or less original Neusilber badges.

The alu badges as of 1936 were intended for the grey caps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Skull on Black SS Cap
    P
    Many

Fake Skull on Black SS CapAlu badges on the grey cap. (left)

Fake Skull on Black SS CapThe real alu badges are rare, because the armed SS in the years 1936-1939 was hardly the Waffen SS of 1942. And, with mobilization and the war economy, the alu badges did or did not give way to the Feinzink.

- - ------- - -

Fake Skull on Black SS CapFeinzink, but already in 1938-1939.....

Fake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS Cap
    Quote by another ant View Post
    here, is an original last ditch Assmann for compare

Attachment 799822

welcome daveward
    I think, you will also be a good "savants scull"
    The "scull savant" can raise the level of inquiry here in the break out from the circular citation of gun show old wives' tales and unfounded legends and myths, and provide the collector community with substantial evidence from primary sources. Until such happens, you can be very certain that I will call your attention to this extraordinary lack of any concrete evidence for any kind of historical generalization.

We have many others here who are fine researchers, who adhere to high standards of inquiry and who assiduously avoid misleading people with digital babble.

Here is an example of what I mean:

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

or:

The "Rosetta Stone" for Visors and more to come...
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-07-2015 at 07:43 PM.

You can see in these threads I cite above that there is much added value through inquiry and the addition of primary sources to explain a confusing item.

I write this in the knowledge that the proprietors here share this adherence to sound study versus the clap trap that especially adheres to these SS cap badges.

Give the collector community tangible, useful and original sources that enable the better understanding of these items.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-07-2015 at 08:55 PM.

A lot of words well spoken by Friedrich --- not referring to the specifics of this thread at all but I try to offer help when I know I can add something of substance, if not I simply shut up and listen intently to those who obviously know. There's a certain balance there. Luckily this is the relative norm on here... and, hopefully, it will continue on this way.

By the way: beautiful detail and patina to the Shea cap insignia!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    A lot of words well spoken by Friedrich --- not referring to the specifics of this thread at all but I try to offer help when I know I can add something of substance, if not I simply shut up and listen intently to those who obviously know. There's a certain balance there. Luckily this is the relative norm on here... and, hopefully, it will continue on this way.
    Dear colleague, my comment was not directed at you at all. Your work here is of the highest quality and my cordial thanks for it.

Fake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS CapFake Skull on Black SS Cap
    Quote by slados28 View Post
    By the way: beautiful detail and patina to the Shea cap insignia!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast