Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process

Article about: Hi Stirlitz, I think you are right in that there seems to be a few abnormalities about some of these skulls. It wouldn't surprise me if they have been faked as I thought they look too brand

Default Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering about the process that my Ges. Gesch. (Assmann???) totenkopf cap badge was made by? I assume it is die struck due to the edges (as seen on one of the photos below)?

I assume also this is of zinc manufacture?

I have also enclosed my bodenfund Overhoff & Cie badge (which some on the forum have seen some time ago) which I assume was cast? (In case anyone wishes to ask the following questions - Yes it has a very ''weak'' prefix "1" after the "m" and in front of the "/24" though is difficult to see without a magnifying glass and good lighting!!!. No it doesn't have "cuts" on the retaining pins, though I have also seen a couple of other badges similar to this on another forum without these which were deemed original, so I expect this badge is ok).

What material would this be of?

Any information gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,

Toffster

Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process
    Attached Images Attached Images Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process  Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process

Hi Toffster
    Assman skulls was made from zinc.(maybe some short series were made from another alloy but I dont have any Assman from another alloy.
    They were made by the die struck technik (just stamped)
    They have very typical round(not flat pins)
    Overhoff were made in CupAl technik and in zinc alloy technik but I think zinc alloy from Overhoff was litle improved if you compare to Assman zinc.
    Overhoff also were made on die struct technik-stamped (yes,yes)
    All SS skulls wre made by die struck.
    Your Overhoff its probably a dug
    Pls post more detailed pics of this skull to proof her orginality

Hi Peter,

I will get a few closer pics.

I am a bit worried it may be non genuine, though the part of the badge where the pins for the Overhoff badge are connected to the badge seem ok.

I will post them hopefully tonight.

Thanks for your feedback.

Much appreciated.

Dave

Peter,

Here is a few more pics.

You can just make out a very faint '1' next to the M on the photo I had to take on my leg so it showed up! I suppose it could have been removed during cleaning, if it is so rusty it would I expect be very brittle?

It looks as though the pins have been replaced, though I hope they aren't looking so good due to forgery as the rest of the badge is in bad condition?!

I have a bad feeling as to authenticity........

Thanks very much

Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process

Those pins don't look replaced to me, if they were I would have expected some evidence of tampering to be visible in the pin mounts.

Im not 100% sure but this skull looks like die cast made.
    If it is made this way it is a copy.
    I agree witch Glenn the pins don"t look replaced.
    But they should have l two little cuts on each pin.
    They were atached during production.
    The wall on the lower left bone (looking from inside) and upper right is to thick -looks like overflow during casting
    If you are looking on back side of this skull area around eye holes is flat it happen during cast made modeling.
    If skull is made by die struck edge around eye holes looks like O ring (if you are looking bacside of skull)
    In the RZM code number 4 shold looking as a wrote previously
    Here on this skull first line on number 4 is going straght up.
    In my opinion this skull could be a fake but Im not a certifited skull expert and I could be wrong.
    Couple times I also made mistake.
    This way dont destroy it or put her in garbage (:

Hi Guys,

I found these on another forum (I am not sure if you can name names here?), but here is the link

Metal SS Cap Insignia - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Apparently these were confirmed as original but they do not have the cuts on the pins, as you have stated. What do you think? They look pretty shiney and new but I guess there is some that are in 'out of the packet' condition so to speak???

I realise there are a few other things that may be wrong with my Overhoff skull, so I understand your comments.

I will not throw it away. At least I have a decent Ges. Gesch. skull in my collection which is original!!!

Thanks for all your comments.

Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making processGes. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process

Hi Toffster.
    I dont wona say all Overhoff skulls must have those litlle cuts on pins.
    I think always is possible some variations and we or I dont know about this.
    Its very strange for me if I looking at those two skulls you post from Wermacht awards.
    Both I supousted are Overhoff and both are completly have different front.
    Front of the last one looks like more Deschler skul and second one like mix Zimmerman witch Overhoff.
    Only back have same.
    For me front of this skulls is completly different
    Last one of those skulls looks like was made 5 minut before take this pics.
    Its almost brand new.
    Maybe next generation of fake skull is comming (:
    Regards all I like more your skull than this posted above.
    Pls compare mine dug Overhoff witch last one brand new,, Deschler like,, Overhoff.
    They have completly different overall shape
    Mine have classical Overhoff shape
    This way I collecting dugs and I dont care about no shiny surface but their are orginal and true piece of history and I dont wana ask nobody about their orginality
    Ok thats all and now we are waiting for Friedrich caps (:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process   Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process  

And here is ,,orginal ,, SP 40).
    If you have manufacture you have only change RZM codes (: and make money
    Same material alloy, pins thick of walls, and same brand new and of course orginal.
    Pls compare to back of skull you posted previously from Wermacht awards.
    Mayby next generation of fake skulls is cooming.
    Beware all serious collectors and novicious (: (: (:
    If replica of Rolex watches is for novice hard to recognice then made gut copy skull its very easy.
    I think in skulls now is shadow conspiracy (:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process  

Compare to skull above

Both are ,,orginal,, (: (:
    Now Im waiting for more Deschler skulls witch 52 code on lower left jaw.
    I saw couple and I have same opinion.
    Maybe I have paranoia (:
    Attached Images Attached Images Ges. Gesch Assmann Totenkopf cap badge making process 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast