Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Good totenkopf?

Article about: Good day! Came across this skull, would like to hear Your opninions on this item. Real or fake? I am concerned about it, for me it looks to be lacking quality detail.. Have a nice weekend. T

Default Good totenkopf?

Good day!
    Came across this skull, would like to hear Your opninions on this item. Real or fake? I am concerned about it, for me it looks to be lacking quality detail..
    Have a nice weekend.
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good totenkopf?   Good totenkopf?  

Good totenkopf?   Good totenkopf?  

Good totenkopf?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good totenkopf?
    P
    Many

?

Hello Peter, it does not look right to me either. I don't know if you have it in hand but the metal looks soft and as a result the skull appears misshapen. The rear splints look completely wrong as well, too wide and blunt and attached to the lower part of the skull instead of the upper crossbones. Perhaps it is good though, a variant I have not seen. i would wait for more opinions but I personally don't like the look of it. I'll include a few pictures of some of mine for comparison and to demonstrate variety.

Regards, Al

Good totenkopf?Good totenkopf?

CBH
    ?

I'm not a big fan of the shape or prongs of the OP, maybe a commerative of some type or simply a fake.

Thanks Al and Chris.
    I also made some closer investigation today, it is a fake skull.
    Regards,
    Peter

It is authentic

?

Thank you Sid. This is why I never rule anything out just because I haven't seen it. Thanks for your expertise

wide attachments doesn't make them automaticly fakes, there are early insignia with wide attachments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good totenkopf?   Good totenkopf?  

another example: a circa 1938 Heer cap eagle with wide attachments...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good totenkopf?  

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    wide attachments doesn't make them automaticly fakes, there are early insignia with wide attachments.
    Good evening.
    Thanks for sharing this picture.
    If I compare the top one of those You posted, with the one started the thread- I still don't like the one that started the thread. It looks not as detailed, also one of the attachments seem to have "straight ending" and not oblique. I see some differences in the nose, teeth & forehead area.
    Maybe I am too much cautios, but I am allways passing on the things that don't make me to have 100% confidence on their authentcity & this is one of them.
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter