Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?

Article about: What do you all think? It has the right marks, it's 3 piece construction. I'm just concerned it looks so "fresh." Was purchased from a lot at Affiliated Auctions advertised as &quo

For those who insist on having an Aluminum version , the 1194/39 is a much safer choice .
    It is unfortunate that the 1940 version was chosen to be reproduced in this treacherous way , since it is the much scarcer one of the two ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?
    P
    Many

Thanks to you gentlemen for such precise, informed and revealing commentary.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 998860I am more prone to this type, of which I still have a cap of this type.

This item is ex the Stadnicki collection.
    Here is a sidecap of the exact same type ,

worn by a member of the Leibstandarte in a Sd.Kfz.222 ,

sent to intimidate the population of newly occupied Holland , in may 1940 ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?   Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

These colleagues from " Der Führer " Regiment , in their reconnaisance " Schwere Panzerspähwagen " however ,
    were wearing black SS Panzer barets when entering Amsterdam .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?   Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

Help verifying SS-VT cap skull button?  

Very nice images. Having owned Pz Schutzmuetzen and the side cap, I know which and why a soldier would prefer the practical and light object in combat
    as opposed to garrison duty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2