Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Jawless skull: opinions please

Article about: Thank you. The "scull" on my new cap is polished, but it is also tarnished. An odd combination. One of you posted a Husarentotenschaedel that has polished highlights. But I have to

Default Re: Panzer skull opinions

Thank you. The "scull" on my new cap is polished, but it is also tarnished. An odd combination. One of you posted a Husarentotenschaedel that has polished highlights. But I have to see the thing in different light, in different angles, which, were I a skilled artist, I could photograph. But I am not.
    The hall of mirrors in the internet frustrates me greatly.
    Thanks for your reflections.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jawless skull: opinions please
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. The "scull" on my new cap is polished, but it is also tarnished. An odd combination. One of you posted a Husarentotenschaedel that has polished highlights. But I have to see the thing in different light, in different angles, which, were I a skilled artist, I could photograph. But I am not.
    The hall of mirrors in the internet frustrates me greatly.
    Thanks for your reflections.
    A very nice addition Friedrich. I know what you mean with the difficulty in capturing it's different finishes. It was me who posted the polished highlights example- here it is next to the one which now remains in Totenkopf Purgatory until I can find some conclusive verdict on it... It's much heavier than the polished one, and doesn't show all of the details inverted on the back, making it more solid- do you think it's likely a fake? It's unfortunately convincing if so...

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jawless skull: opinions please   Jawless skull: opinions please  

thanks, Mat. The "scull" on my cap is more or less identical to your nice piece, but it has much more wear, as you can see. However, it has the polished edges. If the piece of yours is heavy, i.e. of greater weight than the polished piece, it is surely fake.

thanks, Mat. The "scull" on my cap is more or less identical to your nice piece, but it has much more wear, as you can see. However, it has the polished edges. If the piece of yours is heavy, i.e. of greater weight than the polished piece, it is surely fake.
    Thank you for the confirmation, as unfortunate as it is. I'll contact Butschek about it, hopefully he'll be willing to offer a refund...

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation, as unfortunate as it is. I'll contact Butschek about it, hopefully he'll be willing to offer a refund...

Mat
    I certainly hope so, but please do not engage me in such an issue. I am not a commercial enterprise, and my posts here are private, for non commercial purposes, and have no intent of engaging in same, despite all appeals to the contrary.

Default re: Jawless skull: opinions please

I certainly hope so, but please do not engage me in such an issue. I am not a commercial enterprise, and my posts here are private, for non commercial purposes, and have no intent of engaging in same, despite all appeals to the contrary.
    I would never do so without first asking the permission of whoever it concerned, don't worry.

Mat

Attachment 302997Attachment 302998Attachment 303000Attachment 302995Attachment 302996Here is my new addition with its siblings. The Totenschaedel has its highlights polished. It is very nice cap. Peter Jenkins found it at some point, for which we thank him, and also the very nice staff of RJ Sales in the UK, as well as my close colleague Ben VK who alerted me to said item. Vielen Dank!
    Congratulations on your new addition to the family of hats, it looks splendid, the new one, FB.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Congratulations on your new addition to the family of hats, it looks splendid, the new one, FB.
    Thank you, Stinschen, I have a tendency to over do it.

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    I would never do so without first asking the permission of whoever it concerned, don't worry.

Mat
    I am sure in Germany that our posts here have no legal weight whatsoever. Perhaps they do, but I doubt it seriously.

I am sure in Germany that our posts here have no legal weight whatsoever. Perhaps they do, but I doubt it seriously.
    I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that? I assumed you meant you wished not to be mentioned in my explanation for wanting to return the insignia, which would have no relation to anything legal- at least, not here.

As far as my request for a refund goes, I suppose it's a case of hoping Mr Butschek is reasonable enough to offer a refund, despite it being way past the '2 week' return policy. Somehow, I don't think any dealer would oblige this, but it was £150, and that's a lot of money for me.

Mat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast