Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures

Article about: Very clear pictures of cap insignia as seldom seen.

Default Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures

Very clear pictures of cap insignia as seldom seen. Messr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice pictures

- - ------- - -

Messr. Bernhard's nice picturesalso so much nicer to see the insignia this way than in some sweaty hand or on a cluttered desk next to a Coke can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures
    P
    Many

Messr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr Pascal is as adroit a Fotograf as Mr. Telesmanich. Their images are a pleasure to see and refer to, over and over.

- - ------- - -

The black cap cap and its badges are for sale. Buy them.

Thanks for the kind words Friedrich,
    appreciate

Messr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesMessr. Bernhard's nice picturesSS cap insignia should be displayed on SS caps.

Smile

Let me add more nice pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures   Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures  

Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures   Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures  

I agree, these are wonderful pictures. I was actually looking at this cap last night, and my jaw dropped when I saw the photos. It is in AMAZING condition! It had me wishing it was a part of my collection...

Thanks Dave, appreciate !

Here with an earlier cap... but... same condition....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures   Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures  

Messr. Bernhard's nice pictures  

Oustanding images, simply outstanding. This should be a reference thread?

To delve into the slightly technical aspect of getting proper shots of relatively shiny emblems on black caps (and why they are washed out sometimes), the reason is that the skull or eagle is much brighter than the cap, but also much smaller.

Matters of light reflection aside (this is obviously a problem too), the camera sees the whole scene, which is mostly black, and adjusts to make that particular "light value" correct, so the black looks good, but the emblem is too bright.

Controlling the light (avoiding any bright light) helps, but on a closeup shot, the camera needs to meter on the emblem in order to expose for the emblem properly, if the rest of the cap is too dark, so be it. The pros will always tell you "expose for the highlights, let everything else fall into place".

Most of the cameras have light meter settings, which either evaluate the whole scene and try to make the best of it, or you can find the "spot meter" setting, which will "meter" on a small area and get it right, the rest of the scene be damned.

Back to reflection and excessive light, the more (excessive and focused) light you have on the subject (dark cap and shiny emblems) the harder the job the camera has to get one right or the other. If you have very flat, controlled, indirect lighting (light box?), the camera has a much easier time of it, and will give much better results.

I will cut and paste this info into the photo thread.

Thx again FB/Pascal for the sensational reference skull pics, these are some of the best I've seen.
    Last edited by Larboard; 12-21-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Here with an earlier cap... but... same condition....
    I'm drooling over these pictures... This thread has only deepened my burning desire to get a visor cap in my collection!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast