Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Nazi Wallet

Article about: by tempelhof gentlemen, i remarked on the simultaneous appearance of this skull on the maroon site not because i care what they have to say about it or to question it's authenticity, but mer

?

Default Re: Nazi Wallet

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Seriously, who gives a tinker's damn who made one of these badges? What earthly difference does it make in reality other than the thing was made and used between 30 January 1933 and more or less 8 May 1945
    An interesting question. I actualy enjoyed the long learning process of how to determine an original TK from a fake (not that easy in some cases) and the natural consequence of that (never ending) study leads one to learn of the different makers, the manufacturing techniques, materials etc etc. That knowledge means very little in the wider scheme of things which is the point I think you're making FB? but the ability to recognise a 1930's era Deschler from a wartime Overhoff for example does have some value in my humble opinion.
    If only to be aware that a pre war black SS service cap is very unlikely to have had a zinc Assmann TK attached to it. In fact, most black hats from any time period all have Deschler made pieces of alloy. I think that's quite remarkable but so far, no one has ever researched the period publications to try and find out the relationship between that one particular maker and the supply of black service caps. For me, the results of that kind of study would be infinitely more interesting than die moulds and suture lines and I hope, but am not holding my breath, that the self proclaimed expert of these things who has promised a book on the subject for a long while now, will have spent time researching that side of the story.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Wallet
    P
    Many

Nazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletYou are right, Ben, and your comment is more balanced than my spiritual defecation. To be sure, a wartime badge would likely not be found on a cap from, say, 1934. This fact is important.
    However, it is the odd theology, alchemy and sorcery of what passes for knowledge with these things that flummoxes me.
    I owned the Assmann catalog from an early age, and its pages made crystal clear that Uniformeneffekten were made of all kinds of metals simultaneously at the time.
    Feinzink was also used prior to the war in some Effekten.
    The marking requirements for the RZM were phased in the years 1933-1935, with the M1 nomenclature in the latter year.
    Such facts are compelling and you well describe their importance.
    With the war time economy and the outbreak of war baser metals became the norm.
    Such is a footnote, I think, and little more.
    The self proclaimed expert, also, has never produced a single sheet of paper of a primary source to prove any of his whacky assertions.

Nazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletSome early badges I have known and adored. And I adored them so much, I did not pry them off their home. With one or two exceptions, these caps are of 1934 or 1935 vintage.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Nazi Wallet
    However, it is the odd theology, alchemy and sorcery of what passes for knowledge with these things that flummoxes me.
    I owned the Assmann catalog from an early age, and its pages made crystal clear that Uniformeneffekten were made of all kinds of metals simultaneously at the time.
    Feinzink was also used prior to the war in some Effekten.
    The very fact that you have studied the Assmann catalogue and are more than familiar with many other period publications just highlights the void in which others base their half baked theories and conclusions.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The very fact that you have studied the Assmann catalogue and are more than familiar with many other period publications just highlights the void in which others base their half baked theories and conclusions.
    Thank you. The Assmann catalog has been reprinted in various forms for more than forty years and was one of the first primary documents I stumbled upon as a tyke. You helped me to find the others, more recently.
    In any case, the "scull" thing is a very sore point with me, since the misinformation is real quite spectacular.
    The badges are not unlike all the extras you can get in Germany for a Mercedes or a Porsche at huge cost.
    There is a list of extraordinary price of all the extras, and the insignia came in varying qualities at the time, made of different materials and finishes.
    Ben included Wellhausen catalog, which also shows how you could improve your cap with extras to reveal your glory.
    But this fact is totally lost on the "scull" demons and zombies in their number.
    Very odd.

Nazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi Wallet"Sculls" in situ.

Nazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletNazi WalletLooking at all this, I would rather have some of Ben's Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte at Decker in Staufen.
    I will be there in the winter, and Ben should meet me there.

O.K guys.
    I give up.
    If I founded next time same skull for 5$ I....veru quckly take her in to my valet (: (no way I dont give you Sid all day long )
    Special thanks for Sid and Friedrich for their comments and opinions.
    If someone fell offended sorry.
    As a wrote this worlds Im still thinking about this skull why is looking so new hmm.................. (:
    Peter
    P.S The possitive things from like this disscusions is we are everyons still learning .
    Not only question Ist this skull orginal or not and answer orginal or fake.

Nazi WalletIt looks new because it was polished too much.
    I never polish these things. I leave them with the patina.
    The patina is especially important in images because it has a very special character.
    Some of these badges have significant silver content and can be made quite shiny, as they were actually worn at the time.
    Look at films of SS men, and you will see frequently that on early black uniforms, the "scull" is far brighter than the Hoheitszeichen....
    Some of you obviously own no objects made of silver; nor have had a silver service in your family; nor polished it, nor paid someone to polish it.....no?

The noted collector John Peppera has a large collection of these badges (real ones) for sale at a staggering price.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast