Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.

Article about: by friedrich-berthold Attachment 714248Attachment 714251on the theme of "sculls," these two images for reflection.... ok I look, I hear, but I will remain silent , That's right!

Of course we couldn"t sometimes pay to much attention for the smallest details but this way people are learning even making mistakes.
    Making mistakes is a human thing but if we recognize that we have no right we should say sorry I was wrong.
    I think a lots of people have problem witch it.
    Personnaly Im not pretending to be a skull expert and Im still learning.
    In my learning philosophy I always pay a lot attention to a details.
    Sometimes it doesn't work like in too sensitive measuring instruments
    But sometimes it's works(panzer skull"s thread and pins disscusion)
    In this case a lots of people are recognized they have fake skulls.
    If we only post pics witch the question orginal or not and we only recive answer gut or not the threads will be borring place and false things sometimes will be recognized as orginal because one person said orginal or sometimes we will see same pics witch same philosophy how World is working witch useless information
    Of couese we should pay attention to not going into grotesque disscusion.
    Sorry about my language (:
    P.S I hate Overhoff's they are looking like cast made
    I wish them to look like this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.   New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.
    P
    Many

stone by stone we make a mountain
    Last edited by another ant; 07-10-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Indeed. To inject some clarity.

The badge is original.

The marks found on some of the pins is some kind of tooling mark from when the item was made. Sometimes this is apparent, other times it is not. It is not like a die flaw which would be seen on every badge. Don't read too much into the presence or lack of these here. At times these badges can get over analysed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the word of guidance from the master. The misguided analysis of these badges is a source of constant friction here and elsewhere.

The originality of the piece was never in any doubt. It came from a very good source. I just felt I had been a member long enough and never posted anything. I was very happy with the piece and thought it was a great excuse.

This way sorry again Sturmer if I make some nervous moments for you, but after happy ending your skull is more famous now (:

Quote by sturmer View Post
    The originality of the piece was never in any doubt. It came from a very good source. I just felt I had been a member long enough and never posted anything. I was very happy with the piece and thought it was a great excuse.
    You are always welcome to post. What is uncertain is whether others will offer you useful knowledge about your item or just blather and half truths.

We here try to restrain the latter, but it is impossible to exclude it entirely because of the openness of this enterprise.

Those who make a real contribution distinguish themselves, and those who mislead and confuse are their own reward.

And if this hop scotch of misleading and confusion gets worse, then they get marched off the site.

New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.May I say, by way of underscoring the above, that I have been collecting this regalia since the 1960s.

New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.but in this form.

New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.New addition. RZM M1/24 skull.What we never get from the "scull" savants, other than pictures of holes in the ground, such as they are is this: primary sources other than a heap of old metal. I am grateful for examples truly found in the ground, since that approach has a poetry all its own.

However, such a methodology is not the only one, or even the most revealing one, even if it has a certain drama associated with the dust to dust drama of all physical existence and man made folly.

Why don't we see the primary documents and evidence of this kind which reveal much about origins, character and destiny?

We get to see it for other things, and on this site, we see it often.

For instance, as concerns the above, see this:

Muetzenfabrik

When I have asked for such data from other "scull" savants, my colleagues and myself have received only insults and threats of violence.

Why?

"Forming conclusions without the facts..is the practice of fools".....as the saying goes. In this Hobby one needs to remember there was no text book back then except lost schematics. Other than that there is factual evidence..that each of these RZM entities did rely on subcontractors and their mercies. Let someone else wash your car..you get what you pay for. The point is..these brass prongs and or teeth on the reverse..of these cap badges..were made or not made by the same company yet..final produced pieces left the floor of the primary producer completed.

Stefan and "Sid" Carlson ..make very valid points..of tools being used..or other sources. Everyone of these producers had their hands in each others pockets..and what ever it took to complete a production run..in a struggling economy..was just that. Drives me crazy also in forged steel..same producer..different sub contractors..sometimes.

Before we burst into a room spraying bullets into a crowd..and saying sorry....my mistake..wrong building...A patient tactician will study and approach the artifact slowly..making sure all logistical support is in place before firing off the first shot. We know who certain people are here on this overall forum..who give a thumbs up or down right away..just to bump up their post count or rep points...these selfish motives can make or break someones wallet whether the member or visitor are logged onto the discussion or not.

Honestly I will be the first one..not to say anything about an artifact..and I hold no pride..in myself..and would rather redirect to someone who does. Surgical and precise Answers are what built the integrity of this forum. This is just a gentle reminder..and it looks after a few pages..that the thread panned out. College grants can be expensive..and i would expect with that kind of money and the professors it is paying..I would want my moneys worth. If we make mistakes as Stirlitz has said..then we dont make the same mistake twice. We have enough Skull threads as Friedrich has pointed out..that end up going no where. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast