Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New collector - advice on buying first Totenkopf

Article about: Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and also to collecting. I have had an interest in ww2 memorabilia since I was a small child and only recently began actively collecting. I have only a sinc

Most of these badges are ex the famous Pepera collection and were recently sold off. They are not mine save for the one set there on the blotter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector - advice on buying first Totenkopf
    P
    Many

New collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfAnother resource are the archive images of the Telesmanich website, which is a real treasure of good material.

Metal Insignia

He gets good material and then keeps the images on hand in a useful form.

I do not get kick backs from this boosterism by the way, but such hints seem to inflame others for whatever reason.

I cannot generalize about sites in the UK, which I will leave to my British colleagues.

?

Agreed...Know John well and is a great guy and resource.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Another resource are the archive images of the Telesmanich website, which is a real treasure of good material.

Metal Insignia

He gets good material and then keeps the images on hand in a useful form.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks for this information, as a newcomer, it's a minefield and quite overwhelming the amount of information, I was hoping I could start my collection with a genuine article and not fall foul to fakes, which may put me off collecting and cause large financial loss! So I was hoping for expert advice from you guys on this forum to point me in the correct direction for a first purchase, then allowing me to use this as a base! I have contacted Bob Hritz and the set he has looks superb, and I think it will be my first ( hopefully of many ) totenkopf. I appreciate there must be a lot of newcomers asking the same questions, but I think without consulting experts such as yourselves, no matter how such handling or research I do, i'll never be certain of the genuine article until i am shown one, such as Bob Hritz's, so thanks for pointing me in his direction!

Good luck.

here's a authentic piece too...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New collector - advice on buying first Totenkopf  

?

Certainly the Forum will help. Do lots of studying. The one thing unique about a forum is the great pocket of knowledge each person has across mulitple sectors and some guys have real deep knowledge on certain topics. We can all learn as well from bumps on the head. Each of has done it and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You will develop a gut instinct as well over time. Going to a show and handling multiple pieces will help too.

Quote by Dank View Post
    Thanks for this information, as a newcomer, it's a minefield and quite overwhelming the amount of information, I was hoping I could start my collection with a genuine article and not fall foul to fakes, which may put me off collecting and cause large financial loss! So I was hoping for expert advice from you guys on this forum to point me in the correct direction for a first purchase, then allowing me to use this as a base! I have contacted Bob Hritz and the set he has looks superb, and I think it will be my first ( hopefully of many ) totenkopf. I appreciate there must be a lot of newcomers asking the same questions, but I think without consulting experts such as yourselves, no matter how such handling or research I do, i'll never be certain of the genuine article until i am shown one, such as Bob Hritz's, so thanks for pointing me in his direction!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Dank View Post
    I appreciate there must be a lot of newcomers asking the same questions, but I think without consulting experts such as yourselves, no matter how such handling or research I do, i'll never be certain of the genuine article until i am shown one, such as Bob Hritz's, so thanks for pointing me in his direction !
    Unfortunately , not all newcomers take the trouble to seek such wisdom & shared knowledge .
    They will find their money easily wasted on treacherous fake items like these
    >> WW2 German Visor Hat Cap Elite Skull marked M1/24 - No Reserve | eBay

New collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfNew collector - advice on buying first TotenkopfMine is better....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast