Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New at this. How bad is this Skull

Article about: Hi, I have been reading on this forum about some of these skulls. How fake is this? Were there any M1/27's made? Thanks for your time and patience.

New at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullSkulls and their torment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New at this. How bad is this Skull
    P
    Many

?

Thank You again for the info. I will have a look and would be interested in any other dealers you recommend.

New at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullNew at this. How bad is this SkullI collect the badges still stuck to the cap.

?

Great Collection! The History of this era is so impressive. I have never seen any item like this in person. I will watch for shows here locally also. Maybe one day, I can obtain an item as fine as yours. The complete package.
    I also looked at German War Booty. Like it!

Thanks again

Good luck to you. The epoch of total war is important, even today. SS stuff is pretty rare and always has been. This site enables you to see what otherwise is hardly ever seen in real life with much ease.

The Telesmanich site is a sound one. SS cap insignia can appear in hock shops, and from veteran's families and so forth, but that is not really a reliable and sound medium.

I write this knowing of the objections of others, but the others spend time that most of us do not have, or have better luck than I have.

You should avoid the speculators in this material, who have needlessly driven up the prices to insane levels.

?

Thank You So much for your information. And also Thanks to Carlsson1982. Learning is not always easy. I live in Arizona, and there are a lot of Vets in my community. 55+. Sun Lakes. I am sure I will post for more advice in the future and will be looking about here and following post on this site .

- - ------- - -

Great Collection!

Quote by Johnj View Post
    Thank You So much for your information. And also Thanks to Carlsson1982. Learning is not always easy. I live in Arizona, and there are a lot of Vets in my community. 55+. Sun Lakes. I am sure I will post for more advice in the future and will be looking about here and following post on this site .

- - ------- - -

Great Collection!
    If you live in Arizona, then you should perhaps avail yourself of Mr. Bob Hritz, friend to certain persons here, who is an expert in this material. He posts on the Bianchi website, which I do not engage here.

One of our other colleagues can proffer you perhaps a means to contact him. The militaria show in Pomona, California, which just took place, is also a way to see real material.

Those here in the s.w. US can help you further. Good luck.

?

You also might want to set up a album of photos of original SS eagles and skulls on your phone or use the search function on the forums. It is great to be able hold up an item and do a side by side comparison with a real one. This has helped me get good items that I don't have expertise in.

Hi, John! I just saw this thread, so I thought I'd contribute, even though I'm a little late... Unfortunately, anyone who sets out to collect these skulls (or any other piece of SS militaria, for that matter) will inevitably encounter a multitude of fakes/reproductions. Don't get discouraged! I agree wholeheartedly with the other members who have wisely suggested that you continue to study the known fakes and authentic pieces shown on this forum. With time, you will start to notice the key characteristics that will help you discern the original skulls from the reproductions (e.g., unique features of the different variants, prong types, prong attachment points, maker's marks, differences between cast fakes and die-stamped originals, etc.). The more you stare at them, the more familiar they will become to you! Over time, you will surely develop an extensive bookmarks list of reputable dealer websites, and you will be rewarded with a wider variety of authentic pieces to peruse. It can be difficult to find an opportunity to handle these in person unless you can make it to a good show or live near a reputable dealer. If you find yourself in that position, don't worry. Simply continue your research and don't give up! It may seem overwhelming or daunting, but eventually, the right piece will come along, and you'll be able to recognize it. Also, you can rest assured that the helpful and experienced members of this forum will be more than happy to give you some second opinions on your prospective purchase!

On a side note, I would like to say a word or two about eBay. I have to agree that eBay is not a great place to look for SS items, as it is usually devoid of any authentic pieces of this nature. However, don't completely rule it out! Every now and again, something interesting gets auctioned there. For instance, I purchased a very nice (and absolutely authentic) M1/24 Overhoff skull on eBay earlier this year, for much cheaper than I could find it anywhere else. Of course, you are certainly better off looking for SS militaria on a trusted dealer's website, but I just wanted to offer a friendly reminder that opportunities can present themselves in all sorts of places. It's simply up to you to develop the knowledge needed to spot them when they arise!

I wish you the very best of luck in your collecting endeavors! Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2