Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions please -

Article about: Hello, I just got these. I usually am careful to research things to death, but occasionally I will impulse buy. That's what I did here. These were marked "WW2 German guaranteed original

Default Opinions please -

Opinions please -Opinions please -

Hello, I just got these. I usually am careful to research things to death, but occasionally I will impulse buy. That's what I did here. These were marked "WW2 German guaranteed original"
    Anyway, what is the verdict? Thank you for any info...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please -
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am pretty sure that any skull marked with SS in a circle is a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Both fake imo.sorry.

I should add, these are supposedly solid silver. Did they even make these in 900 silver?

Quote by musashi View Post
    I should add, these are supposedly solid silver. Did they even make these in 900 silver?
    No. Not that I am aware of.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

I believe any insignia marked with a SS in a circle is fake . This marking was only used on equipment .

fakes from Latvia to be more precise

Raise a stink - Try to get your money back.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

SS cap insignia was, indeed, made of solid silver-albeit it in minute quantities for a triple premium priced option. Whether it was of 900, is another topic altogether. The literature only lists it as "solid silver". 800? 835? 850? 900? It does not elaborate. And then, of course, you have the problem of private jeweler made pieces. Who knows what the higher up SS men did or did not do. Sepp Dietrich, for example, was known to have special gold bullion insignia made. There was quite a spirited discussion on this subject here on this site some 6 years ago. It can be found at : Did they make SS skulls from Silver?

As for the 2 pieces posted here, however, they are not authentic and are simply one of the endless hordes of fakes made and still Being made over the last 7 decades. They have and are being made in just about any material a person can think of-including silver, of course...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast