Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

Article about: by Anders S Dear F-B, you are a Gentleman with great knowledge and I'd be a fool if I didn't listen to your advice. As I've said in the past, I'll do my best to help you, finding the silver-

Default re: Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    Wait a minute dear friends (:
    It is something wrong witch tchis this skull.
    Front face is looking to fresh like paint and painted some weeks ago (:
    The rear is looking very old -strange.
    Saturae crani are looking to sharp and this way to new made.
    If it is possible pls post focused pics of producent code.
    In my mind is always old Russian Czek-a motto ,,trust but check,,
    Thaks
    Stirlitz

Of course you are free to think whatever you want, however, with a post like this you
    are showing what kind of knowledge you have regarding these things.

The skull is (and I hate this term) "textbook" in a very good condition.

However, I will not spend time defending it, I have better things to do than defending what is obvious for most people who have collected these things for a while.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Yes indeed, a rare bird and the TK is in wonderful condition.

Well done my friend!

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Very nice insignia congrats!
    Thank you Gents!

Now im sure .
    It is something wrong witch this skull.
    Dwarf is fake (wrong diameter of buthole)
    Thanks Peter

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    Now im sure .
    Thanks Peter
    Whatever.

You do realize that it is people like you, who make people like me stop posting, don't you?

Cause, if you haven't understood it yet, the main goal is to give others who are interested some reference photos.

After this post It's time to start to lurking.

Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

The umpires should step in here with this one. No need for the "scull" thread to cause uproar among polite people. Why do these little pieces of silly metal cause so much discord, dear friends?Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

I mean, after all, the stupid things are just some random pin thingy on an old hat.

Quote by stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    now im sure .
    thanks peter
    lmfao...good one!!!

foetid tin and copper says I. Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

PS One of these images is of an object I own, but my colleague Bill Shea took the picture. However, the cap and its badges are my property. The cap without the badge is not my property. Two of these images are actually my own creation.....go figure....and the caps also still belong to me, imagine. HH is also not my property, and he would not be smiling at me if he knew where his caps got to.....

Pi pa po.

Also notice that none of the badges here are abstracted from their original context, i.e. the cap band of an SS cap....

?

Prehaps it would be more rewarding to discuss why none of us will probably ever find an untouched black cap with an Overhoff Totenkopf? To my knowledge, no one has studied why Deschler had the monopoly in supplying black caps with their little skull badges.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Prehaps it would be more rewarding to discuss why none of us will probably ever find an untouched black cap with an Overhoff Totenkopf? To my knowledge, no one has studied why Deschler had the monopoly in supplying black caps with their little skull badges.
    A more refined line of inquiry to be sure, dear Ben, and one that eludes a facile answer! I own more than one of these black caps, and virtually all of them with the 1933/4 Totenschaedel have Deschler "sculls."Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

In the case of the Danziger Totenkopf, I am not sure, of course.

My empirical study suggests that the Overhoff badges eventuate frequently on what seem to me to be grey caps of wartime, but that is a wild a## guess.

No matter what, these badges cause general insanity. They cause general boredom in me, though.

Also, for those who wish to suggest otherwise, for whatever motives, the items here are my property and I even paid for them. I paid dearly.

Also, we pose questions of the past the answers to which have likely perished in the fullness of time, because the someone who once knew why, either no longer exists or cannot remember.

One point is that many of the caps I own are Mueller/ Muenchen, in which case there can be little wonder that the caps have badges from a local contractor. However, the caps made in northern Germany have the same badge, in which case I have no answer. Deschler and Assmann were Nazi vendors of the first hour, it seems, as was often the case from what I can discern at least from the Assmann saga. In any case, there must be documentary evidence somehow of how the procurement branch of the VA SS worked. Other files on its operations have endured, and the names of such personages who were central to the Bekleidungswirtschaft of the SS have survived, too, in which case their personnel files and other documents created by them can offer clues to the whole to some diligent and inquiring historian with easy access to them. Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-15-2011 at 09:34 PM.

PS as one can infer from these images, these pictures did I construct with my lame a@@ blackberry. I did not filch them, nor steal them, nor use them to appear to be something that others here seem to think I am not, i.e. a person who actually owns Nazi regalia.

If we had full disclosure on said account hereabouts, the scales would fall from more than one set of eyes, that is for certain.

Another criterion might well be hours spent studying the history of Germany in the 20th century or the political, military and social organization of the III. Reich beyond entries on dorky militaria websites.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast