Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

Article about: by Anders S Dear F-B, you are a Gentleman with great knowledge and I'd be a fool if I didn't listen to your advice. As I've said in the past, I'll do my best to help you, finding the silver-

Default re: Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

Quote by Anders S View Post
    Dear F-B, you are a Gentleman with great knowledge and I'd be a fool if I didn't listen to your advice.

As I've said in the past, I'll do my best to help you, finding the silver-washed insignia you need for the hat,
    for a sane price.
    (Most common configuration on the black hats - Deschler skull - Zimmermann eagle)
    Thanks. I am surely no gentleman, but a total scoundrel, in fact, as one person here recently asserted. That notwithstanding, you are a helpful force here and though it is very hard to resist the urge to dump a digital bucket of sh!t onto others when the need arises, we need this site to remain useful. The maroon site is not, of course. It has become an emotional and psychological sewer, reflective of the Zeitgeist especially in one part of this sad and violent world.

I have many, many real cap badges on caps. I can not even see the details on them, since I must get so close to the things that I fear my body odor and bad breath further corrode them beyond what 70 plus years has done to them.....

It is for young strong eyes and agile minds to decipher the secrets of these things, but I will be damned if I will pay the old price of an SS cap for a "scull" badge, of that I am certain.....

Thanks and keep up the good work.Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skull
    P
    Many

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    I would like to say sorry if I hurt someone esspecialy you Mister AnderS.
    Thanks Peter
    Thanks to you, in turn. This site adheres to a high standard of mutual respect, and while one can have doubts, the best thing is to keep these to the object and not the person who posts it. This site has also become a refuge from the disease manifest on the other site, where generalized resentment and frustration are like a toxic virus that adheres to the nooks and crannies of "sculls" and then poisons all concerned. The most toxic thing, of course, are the personages who, though barely north of eighteen, imagine that the Deschler family had them over for the Sunday Braten on alternating months of 1937, whereby all the trade secrets were exchanged over the Rosenthal china. Or maybe it was KPM, but why would one have had it in Muenchen?

Has anyone thought about that?Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-17-2011 at 10:30 PM.

The persons I have in mind do not post on this website. At least I do not think so.Overhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skullOverhoff M1/24 Cupal skull

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    I would like to say sorry if I hurt someone esspecialy you Mister AnderS.
    Thanks Peter
    No hard feelings, we are all here to learn, noone knows everything.

Your ground dug is a nice example, if it only could speak.

This particular alloy requires a tight range of acceptable blanks/slugs for cold stamping in order to prevent die damage. However, the metal extruded well filling all voids in the cavity and the flow vented so there is little to no feathering nor flashing. Hence, this image shows the best reference for the mating of the obverse skull to the "toothed" reverse. The technology used was quite good for the time, and the edge thicknesses, though they do vary, also make a distinctive "fingerprint" for others to use as a reference in deciding whether their own skull is fake or not. Thanks....Doug.

My previous post referred to the Anders OVERHOFF M 1/24 cupal skull. Be patient while I am climbing the learning curve. Thanks.....Doug.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4