Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

Article about: Here's another one I found. This one looks legitimate to me. I can't see anything that makes me think it's a fake. Let me know what you think, guys! The more skulls we post and comment on, t

For comparison, I paid $325 for my M1/24. It is missing both prongs like yours but has about 90% of the silver wash on it. Patience pays off in this hobby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff (M1/24) Skull
    P
    Many

Overhoff (M1/24) SkullYou will be seven leagues ahead in your search if you actually have one as your own property. One then leads to another. But on a solid basis.
    Some of the prices charged for these are more than ridiculous. They used to cost all of fifteen dollars. If that.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Patience pays off in this hobby.
    Absolutely! I think we all dream of finding that garage/estate sale where an authentic item is being sold for next to nothing, and we snatch it up and add it to the collection!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You will be seven leagues ahead in your search if you actually have one as your own property. One then leads to another.
    Yes, I hope to gain another soon. I'd be overjoyed to find a reasonably priced Zimmerman. It is my favorite skull of them all!

Good luck and look before you leap. Show us the things here first, as you wish.

its a expensive hobby we have,I buy very little now.

I certainly will! It's nice to get a consensus opinion on an item to confirm my own ideas with regard to its authenticity. Thanks for the help, guys!

Quote by daveward View Post
    I certainly will! It's nice to get a consensus opinion on an item to confirm my own ideas with regard to its authenticity. Thanks for the help, guys!
    But you also have to know what you are really doing. The "consensus" is as often wrong as it is right. The issue is of whom is the "consensus" constituted.

Elsewhere such "consensus" is a mountebank and his claque. A Mr. Harold Hill and the musical instruments on mail order for River City, as it were.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

You have to be able to distinguish the one from the other.

A good observation, FB. At this point, I'm fairly confident in my ability to discern authentic skulls from fakes. I'm still learning, just like everyone else here, but my opinions on the authenticity of the "jawed" variants of these skulls have so far proven to be correct. Like any other skill, it is an art that must be refined with time and the help of knowledgeable peers. I am grateful to the members of this forum that offer their expertise in these matters.

Good luck.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its a expensive hobby we have,I buy very little now.
    As do I. One of each of everything has been my goal and that has been mostly satisfied to date. This business of variant collecting is not for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast