MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

Article about: Here's another one I found. This one looks legitimate to me. I can't see anything that makes me think it's a fake. Let me know what you think, guys! The more skulls we post and comment on, t

Quote by daveward View Post
    thanks for the support, Glenn! I have to admit that it was you shouting "Get it! Get it!" that pushed me over the edge to buy this one!
    Glad to be of service!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Overhoff (M1/24) Skull
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    As do I. One of each of everything has been my goal and that has been mostly satisfied to date. This business of variant collecting is not for me.
    I'm on the fence as to whether I want to build up a large collection of SS items, in which case I'd want multiple skulls. However, I imagine I'd trade the M1/24 for a 499/41 Zimmerman skull and just stick with that one if the opportunity arose.

Agree 100% with your reasoning. As an example of collecting a variety of SS artifacts I have to admit to having more than one erkennungsmarken but overall I believe a nice variation of pieces beats a collection of variants of a single piece (hats off to those that do however, I do salute your madness )

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

That's a beautiful framed collection you have there! I suppose my ideal collection would have one example of each piece in good condition: the SS 4-year service medal, the 8-year service medal, a dog tag, various SS supporter pins, an original Waffen-SS propaganda poster, helmet, chained dagger, an officer's cap, one of the patches worn by an SS man who was formerly in the HJ, an SS sports patch, a skull and eagle set, a variety of collar tabs, shoulderboards, cufftitles, diamonds, flags, banners, a few ID documents, and the crown jewel (if I could ever find one): an authentic SS proficiency badge. A collection of that magnitude would take a lifetime to amass, but it would be amazing. However, I'd also be interested in an HJ collection, and I also have an interest in Jewish stars/armbands (especially those from Poland, as that is where my family is originally from, on my father's side).

Good luck with your endeavor! You may wish to peruse my SS collection thread as we appear to share a "one piece of each piece" methodology.

My incredibly modest SS collection

I just took a peek. Nice collection, sir! It's neat that your items have that worn "ground dug" look to them -- it makes them seem very authentic and interesting. Unfortunately for me (and my bank account), I have a strong urge to collect the "mintier" items... Given that I'm just finishing up my doctoral degree (I have been told that it is rare for someone my age to be interested in collecting these types of items), I'm going to have to build up my collection slowly while I start making some money! Those minty helmets and daggers are tantalizing, but WAY out of my price range! I also have to tread lightly with regard to this collection, as my wife is not especially keen on the idea, given the stigma of these items (the word "creepy" has been used on multiple occasions!).

Hi Dave, I think your approach to collecting various items is fine. Collecting is about being happy.

Collecting one type of item is fine, "type collecting" many people call it. I take my hat off to those who can restrain themselves to buying only one item. But it would not be for me personally.

Buy the best condition items you can afford is my advice.

I have never been a rich man in monetary terms, but the items you desire can be amassed over time with careful buying.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, I think your approach to collecting various items is fine. Collecting is about being happy.

Collecting one type of item is fine, "type collecting" many people call it. I take my hat off to those who can restrain themselves to buying only one item. But it would not be for me personally.

Buy the best condition items you can afford is my advice.

I have never been a rich man in monetary terms, but the items you desire can be amassed over time with careful buying.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wise guidance from our leader!

Collecting takes a great deal of character in addition to money. And some luck, too.

Adrian Stevenson is a stellar example of such character.

And we are lucky that we have him to guide us.

The lords of the flies use their thuggery to assure that a small clique dominates the collecting biotope.

I just wanted to post a few pictures of this skull that I took now that it has finally arrived. It's really spectacular to see the level of detail on these tiny little pieces in person! It felt heavier than I expected. Can someone tell me what type of metal this is? I'm thinking it's zinc...

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

Overhoff (M1/24) Skull

Overhoff (M1/24) SkullOverhoff (M1/24) SkullOverhoff (M1/24) Skullzinc, in fact.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-19-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast