Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?

Article about: Hi guys, a Happy New Year to you all. I acquired this badge in 1984. A family friend (who knew I was interested in militaria) gave it to me along with a german army paybook. He had been give

Default Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?

Hi guys, a Happy New Year to you all.
    I acquired this badge in 1984. A family friend (who knew I was interested in militaria) gave it to me along with a german army paybook. He had been given these by a British soldier who had fought in Italy during the War, the book being taken from a deceased soldier. At the time I was learning german at school, and wrote a letter to the German War Graves & enclosed a photocopy of the book. They then wrote back & informed me that this poor soldier had no known grave, but his name was engraved on a memorial near Monte Cassino, very sad.
    This fact corrobated the item(s) had indeed come from Italy.
    Now, I've never doubted this badge before, due to it's passage to me, but I can't seem to find a match on this badge, in this section, there was one, which was pointed out as being an early fake, but having checked mine against it, the prongs are different, as is the head. Having also looked at all the original SS eagles on here, I'm not to sure what I've got ? I've posted on this forum as the eagle, closely resembles the SS style as opposed to the army style, wonder if you can help ?
    Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?   Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?  

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?   Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?  

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?   Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?  

Last edited by Pauls1970; 01-10-2016 at 06:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?
    P
    Many

?

Definitely the SS style cap badge. Though I'm not sure if its real.

IMO the head of the eagle and the prongs are looking bad.

Regards

Unfortunately, not original, IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Please post this in the SS cap insignia section.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-me...nsignia-forum/

Yours is unfortunately a fake badge typical of those in the 1970s and 1980s.

Thankyou Ralph & FB ! The guy who gave me the badge was studying history at Uni when he was younger, he must have picked this one up in the 1970's his age would be right too & paired it with the paybook, which led me to believe they'd always been together. Oh well, at least it didn't cost anything.
    Regards Paul

As said above, the head looks suspect and the fixings look to much like blades.

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Authentic badges...the loose ones are not my
    property.

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?I do not catalog the variety of splints used to fasten these to caps. I collect the badges with the caps, and am damned at times to look for a badge to restore an
    otherwise good cap.

The typology of splints, or what some in their recklessness call "prongs" has always caused me a great deal of skepticism.

One rule of thumb, though, is that the makers of caps tried to make their wares light, but durable.

The fake enclosed at the outset is neither light nor durable in anyway.

SS cap insignia has been faked at least since the 1960s, if not earlier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast