Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?

Article about: Hi guys, a Happy New Year to you all. I acquired this badge in 1984. A family friend (who knew I was interested in militaria) gave it to me along with a german army paybook. He had been give

Wow, totally in awe at your collection, beautiful. Thankyou, for taking your time to enrich my knowledge.
    When I got the badge out today & put it under my loupe, I realised how different the head was to an original (lack of detail, wrong shaped head) & the rear attatchments , so had that 'feeling' it wasn't what I was hoping it was, so was prepared for bad news , would have been a bonus otherwise. Your examples are outstanding as are the period photos, thankyou.
    Regards Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Wow, totally in awe at your collection, beautiful. Thankyou, for taking your time to enrich my knowledge.
    When I got the badge out today & put it under my loupe, I realised how different the head was to an original (lack of detail, wrong shaped head) & the rear attatchments , so had that 'feeling' it wasn't what I was hoping it was, so was prepared for bad news , would have been a bonus otherwise. Your examples are outstanding as are the period photos, thankyou.
    Regards Paul

Thanks. I am not eager to impart bad news, but the news is usually bad when it comes to these things. The authentic items are rare, concentrated in a few places,
    and, what is the worst, surrounded by much superstition and hyperbole. Clear images of the originals offer some way ahead, but I am not a collector of these items
    on their own, and do not find the variations very interesting other than what badge would likely have been worn at what time on what hat. That is,
    a cap from 1934 has a certain badge and a cap from 1944 another badge. Good luck in your collecting. John Telesmanich in the US sells these items at high prices,
    but they are quite authentic.

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Attachment 923092Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?A cap from 1934 has a certain kind of badges.

- - ------- - -

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?a cap from, say, 1938 has yet again somewhat different badges and so forth.

and, at great effort, and under the wise direction of our great leader, Adrian Stevenson, he has concentrated the authentic examples in this section of the forum for
    the use of all. Moreover, Adrian and his able allies have cleansed this site of the dubious personages and otherwise trolls and miscreants especially attracted to these items, and who make an inquiry into them so especially difficult and nerve wracking.

There are very able and collegial persons here who are experts in these badges and they share their knowledge here without stint.

Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Possible SS 'style' Cap Eagle ?Here are some more examples of later types of insignia, at least I think they are later....a cap of mine (left) and its Doppelgaenger for sale on a noted site.

Beautiful piece ! God forbid, I should ever win the Lottery !

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Beautiful piece ! God forbid, I should ever win the Lottery !
    Thanks and best of luck to you in your collecting. If you have questions about SS things, do come here, as we have an informed and collegial group of persons of great experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2