Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.

Article about: I’m hoping somebody maybe able to help me answer a question I have about this particular skull, all of the 3 prong late war zinc unmarked Assman skulls I have seen have rounded ends to each

Default QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.

I’m hoping somebody maybe able to help me answer a question I have about this particular skull, all of the 3 prong late war zinc unmarked Assman skulls I have seen have rounded ends to each prong but I’ve recently seen one with the ends of the prongs cut diagonally and wondered if anybody also owns one of these examples and if this is just another variation in order to cut down on production time etc. Thanks in advance. John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I've never seen this variation before, but the TK does look like other late-war examples.
    They usually have the diagonal striation lines like the above example.
    Hopefully other members will be able to help.

Hi
    I would pass on it , because this type of skull is already discussed by believer or not .
    If you want to add it in your collection why not!?
    but always with the doubt to own a post war skull .
    if you decide to sell it in the futur , the risk is , that you’ll be married with .
    Cheers

Not seen these cut ends to the prongs before.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I’m happy with the originality of the skull and also that these are wartime produced the front matches all other examples I’ve seen and the diagonal lines in the zinc are seen in many of these it was the prong ends that I’ve never seen before all I can think of to explain this would be a simpler manufacturing process but I would be interested to hear from other members if this has been seen before.

Cheers john

CBH
    ?

There was a photo of a three prong TK on a tailors insignia card from an older thread.
    That was proof of wartime use as far as I'm concerned.

I’ve also seen the thread with the tailors example shown and another which shows two examples of this skull that have been recovered from the ground. I think the doubt that originally surrounded this particular TK has long been put to bed and these are now completely accepted as original wartime produced examples.

?

Here is the thread regarding this type of 3 prong skull:

Controversial SS cap skull: 3 edge prong design

I also posted a few examples on this thread but as stated with slightly different prongs:

Is it fake?

CREDIT WINKELMAN FOR REFERENCE PHOTO'S

QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.

these were obviously self cutted into sharp edges, I guess to stick them through. Here is a picture where one is used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUESTION- SS 3 prong Assman skull.  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast