MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Question on Totenschaedel

Article about: Hello all, I received a very good tip to put these pictures in this thread to ask you all about the origin (original?) of this Totenschaedel. The belt is always rubbing on the lower side of

Quote by DougB View Post
    Your name is firmly etched into this one sir.
    Dear Sir, thanks so much. Or, we can do the opposite, and you can add all my junk to your nice collection. You would need another room, though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on Totenschaedel
    P
    Many

?

LOL when the time comes I am sure there might be a thing or three I would be interested in. :-)
    But I know the waiting list is long and I never ask to cut in line.

Best of luck in your collecting and a joyous holiday season.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Best of luck in your collecting and a joyous holiday season.
    And to you and the others here.

?

Awesome. Your stuff is first rate, thanks for sharing it. I'd love to own a cap like this one.

?

Quote by Tony8 View Post
    Awesome. Your stuff is first rate, thanks for sharing it. I'd love to own a cap like this one.
    Thank you Tony. That cap is a special one indeed.

Question on TotenschaedelQuestion on TotenschaedelThe early caps are a favorite of mine and fortune has graced me with some which I happily share with you all for the betterment of the whole biotope.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-10-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Some collectors scorn the earlier caps, because they lack all the stamps, marks, and such, but I think that view is short sighted. The early caps in some way capture the essence of the SS in its formative period, which interests me much more than what seems to excite others around here. To each his own.

?

I was literally going to post exactly that, the early evolutionary period IMO is the most interesting I find as well, where one can trace the evolution from Imperial caps to these early SS examples. I also find this with SS helmets, the evolution of decals and hand rendered runes is most interesting.

Your early caps are stellar examples. Somewhere I have a photo of my early officers cap as well, still in my collection and a very diabolical looking cap as well, it came from member Arran a long time ago.

We all owe our distinguished member Arran a great deal. Some of the best things I own were found by him in the dim and distant epoch of yore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast