Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rare Danziger skull.

Article about: There's a lot of "early design" skulls out there, I think I recognized almost 20 variants till this day.

Default Re: Rare Danziger skull.

Hi guys
    Braunswiger skull-orginal of course from mine colection
    Preussen skull -same I posted previously
    Danziger type pretty nice (: on my hand
    Preussen witch another typicsly Danziger type skull to compare her size
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Danziger skull.   Rare Danziger skull.  

Rare Danziger skull.   Rare Danziger skull.  

Rare Danziger skull.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Danziger skull.
    P
    Many

The issue, of course, is the Braunschweiger was originally in the Hannoverian army, later in the Prussian Army after 1866, whereas the Danziger is an old Prussian hussar regiment.
    Thus, the badges of two different regiments. The Braunschweiger is called the Apotheker, i.e. apothecary dead's head as on poison et cetera.
    The Danziger is more well known because of its use by the SS.
    In any case, all part of the story of 'sculls'

Rare Danziger skull.Here is Robin Lumsden's collection which is as comprehensive as most. He still looks in here, but does not post, which is a pity.

Hi Friedrich
    Thank for correct one letter e.
    Braunschweig pattern totenkopf was authoeized to by worn by Braunschweigischers Husaren-Regt.Nr17 on 17 September1883 Im 1912 this honor was also authorized for Braunschweigisches-Regt Nr92
    Braunschweig pattern Totenkopf come in two distinct patterns: a flat issued pattern and three dimensional private purchase patern.
    Pls correct me if Im wrong
    Last edited by Stirlitz wiedzial; 02-17-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Gentleman: I do not wish to hijack this thread, just have a quick question. I posted this before but didn't receive anything definite. Any ideas on this one? It weighs about 9oz. and I figure the hook was added at a later date. Here's a picture with it compared to Chris's awesome skull.
    Thank you guys!

Luke

Rare Danziger skull.Rare Danziger skull.Rare Danziger skull.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The issue, of course, is the Braunschweiger was originally in the Hannoverian army, later in the Prussian Army after 1866, whereas the Danziger is an old Prussian hussar regiment.
    Thus, the badges of two different regiments. The Braunschweiger is called the Apotheker, i.e. apothecary dead's head as on poison et cetera.
    The Danziger is more well known because of its use by the SS.
    In any case, all part of the story of 'sculls'
    'The Apotheker' - HAH! How very fitting. The nickname suits the skull. Looks a lot like those variations as seen in the medical world.

Hi Luke
    In my opinion skull posted by you is not orginal
    As a wrote previously Prussians generally used two patterns type of skull (big one)
    First one was like mine skull posted in this rhread.
    Second pattern was like this posted by you.
    But orginal skulls looks like this posted below.
    This is same type of skull and 100% orginal
    Pls compare both skulls.
    P.S As I always wrote Im not a expert and my opinion could be a wrong
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Danziger skull.   Rare Danziger skull.  

Rare Danziger skull.  

CBH
    ?

I wouldn't think it was used on the busby , mine weighs 1.78 oz . And having worn a fur busby durning a summer job as a 78th highlander , you want light weight insignia . Also there is no attachment points or tabs on the reverse . I'll post a couple more photo's , mine has tabs and the hinge and hook from a pin .
    Cheers

Thank you both for the info and comments. Very much appreciated!
    Chris: I'm in total agreement with you and look forward to viewing more photos of that beauty.
    Thanks again guys!

Luke

Hi again.
    Despite the whole discusion
    I have question about weigh.
    For me is very funny to check orginality of skull putting her on weight.
    Sounds like in Sevres Institut is one skull (I think your) and all other skulls in whole world can have same weigh.
    If not their are not orginal.
    Im always was thinking that different alloys have different weigh.
    If you can take Skulls made from Alu ,CupAl ,Zinc ,Neusilber ,Tombak etc etc and you measure them on weight you will have tottaly different weigh of each skull(if their have pins or not the problem will be even more complicate (: )
    As you clearly see mine skull and this posted above are made from completly different alloy but this alloys are correct to time where this skull were made
    I despite the patin on both skulls.
    Im always considering the orginality using diifferent criteria like you,but of course I could be wrong

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast