Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the real or fake SS Skull?

Article about: I am new with these and came across this for purchase. I wanted to get your thoughts on it please. I am not even sure what it is???? Thank you! Sam

Default Is the real or fake SS Skull?

I am new with these and came across this for purchase. I wanted to get your thoughts on it please. I am not even sure what it is????

Thank you!

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is the real or fake SS Skull?   Is the real or fake SS Skull?  

Is the real or fake SS Skull?   Is the real or fake SS Skull?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is the real or fake SS Skull?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is the real or fake SS Skull?

sam didn't i see this yesterday???
    anyhow i personaly don't like it there looks to be flash (cast) around the nose area as well as the edges, secondly the pins don't seem to have any wear marks on them (from being bent and used) any idea why the pin areas nice and shiney

Yes you did. I didn't get any response........so I thought I would repost. I assume that the pins are replacements or they look to be! Thanks for your input!!

I just confirmed with the seller that the pins are original, but were resoldered back on the pin. He states it is authentic and has a pretty long tenure on another forum......

Sam

that would explain the shineyness (is that a word )

Here is the other piece to the purchase. I got both for $76 which I think is pretty good??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is the real or fake SS Skull?   Is the real or fake SS Skull?  

Is the real or fake SS Skull?  

the other peice is a saar badge heres lots of info on what took place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saar_(League_of_Nations)

Thanks so much for the info. I have never seen one before!

Sam

anyone else?? I am not having much luck getting responses on this??

Hi Sam, I know you are keen for replies, but patience please. You bumped the other thread three times last night. I moved your other thread to the Heer forum as you have seemed to decided it was not SS? Which you were actually correct about. It is a Heer traditions cap skull for Kav. Regt 5.

As you are now saying SS again, I have placed it in the SS cap insignia forum for you. The whole subject of these has really been done to death. Hence the lack of replies. Look at some of the many old threads.

Personally I don't like it. The die strike to the nose and eye sockets is poor and the prongs I don't like either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast