Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real Totenkopf?

Article about: I saw this on the illustrious EBAY and am curious if this one is real? Im not seeing any RZM markings on the back, but this is turning my head for some reason. Why i am asking... consider it

Default Real Totenkopf?

I saw this on the illustrious EBAY and am curious if this one is real? Im not seeing any RZM markings on the back, but this is turning my head for some reason. Why i am asking... consider it a self-test. Thanks for your opinions.

Original WW2 German Death Head Totenkopf Medal | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Real Totenkopf?  Real Totenkopf? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Totenkopf?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Real Totenkopf?

im new to collecting octavian, and have too much time on my hands,i study everything on here,i dont believe this is period,but thats my opinion sorry,regards george

?

Bad

Bad repo!! Sorry!! Here is a good one for comparison sake! Notice the right side of mouth / jawline and cranium markings!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real Totenkopf?   Real Totenkopf?  

Real Totenkopf?   Real Totenkopf?  

It's a copy, but from this skull...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real Totenkopf?  

?

that reply has helped me understand a little more about the minefield of these cap badges,i do see the left eye is a trait on both original and genuine ones,im still baffled by the so called"zipper mouth, and moustache fakes",im just not there yet on these, there are so many different makers with different features.im enjoying learning though, and thank you for the information carlsson regards george

Pics added to the post and thread moved to the correct sub forum.

PLEASE always add the pics to your posts: links die leaving a useless thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Use the search function on here to look up previous threads( there are hundreds) and as always......post before purchasing!!

Thank you guys for you opinions and i will post the picture next time. No, i did not buy it and still have lots to learn on these particular items. Thanks again.

I must say that the front is well done, only the sutures is obviously different.