Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn Totenkopf

Article about: Hi all, I was hoping to get some opinions on this one. There are traits about it that I like, and ones that I don't. When I compared these photos to the one I have in my collection, I notice

Default RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn Totenkopf

Hi all, I was hoping to get some opinions on this one. There are traits about it that I like, and ones that I don't. When I compared these photos to the one I have in my collection, I noticed some differences, but they were not glaring enough for me to discount it outright. I'm hoping I can get some more feedback. Any opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  Totenkopf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  Totenkopf
    P
    Many

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfSorry to write that first item in detail is a commonly seen fake, with the malformation of the upper row of teeth and such.

Junk.

Go to the Telesmanich website, German War Booty, especially the archives for very clear pictures of real items.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfA zinc Deschler of wartime make

Thanks. I did think the ridges above the teeth looked really pronounced compared to the one in my collection. Cheers!

Happy dead head. It is an unending story.

- - ------- - -

Authentic zinc badges also show their age differently than this fake.

All has been said.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    All has been said.
    Thanks. You know better than do I, but this is a pretty easy analysis.

For future reference, this is commonly referred to as a "mustache fake." Another dead giveaway is the fact that the "5" in "52" is set lower than the rest of the letters and numbers.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfNew to the Telesmanich site is this more pleasing object.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn  TotenkopfI include this item as an antidote to the silly fakes and the lost time they all cost. And Telesmanich takes very nice pictures which are ideal for reference.

- - ------- - -

This item is made of Buntmetall or whatever, but not Feinzink.

I do not know in which years this item was made, but the M1, M2 etc. regime in the RZM was introduced around March 1935.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast