MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf

Article about: Well, since no one commented on the TK that I posted in my collection thread, I can take a hint. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...ection-449749/ So, on that basis, I have recently been

Thank you FB!
    Now it would appear that I need to find a matching cap eagle.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf
    P
    Many

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfI guess, but these actually often are not from the same maker, or even of the same finish, in fact.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfThese have the same finish, but the eagle is not Deschler in either case. It is of no account.
    The zinc badges tend to eat their finish, or the finish deteriorates quite a bit.

Your badge has lots of finish to it.

The only real eagle I own currently is made by Wagner. I believe it is not made from zinc.
    Ralph.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfNo, that is the type intended for the black cap, and it is Buntmetall or Cupal, or the normal alloy.

The distinction was the shiny badge for the black cap and the subdued badges for the earth/field grey cap. I rely on Wim Saris in his books and
    what Mr d'Alquen has posted from his archives for us all.

The latter subdued badges did or did not first appear as alu ca 1936, and then were supplanted by zinc....I think.

I do not care, really, save that a black cap of 1935 has one type of badges, and the grey cap of 1942 has another....see my illustration.

Beyond that, I am left in a state of numb indifference.

Happy badges.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfZinc badge with normal finish, with the mark of time.

Thank you for that FB!
    As I said, I now have to look for a matching cap eagle.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you for that FB!
    As I said, I now have to look for a matching cap eagle.
    Ralph.
    Go to the Telesmanich War Booty site, but do dig deeply into your pockets.

Voila

SS Visor Cap Eagle by "SS RZM 155/42"

SS Visor Cap Eagle by "RZM M1/167"

I guess with the Canadian money as it is, it is tres cher.

Also, Whammond gets these, too, but they are never cheap.

The Collector's Guild

I know other collectors with badges, so do send me a note and I can direct you, if you so desire.

I owe you for cleaning up when people try to bludgeon me to death with their balderdash.

All the persons eager to understand these badges are well served by Telesmanich's skill as a photographer and his photo archive.

I collect the insignia on the caps, and find the total cap easier to collect than chasing after the over priced and always conflicted cap badges. RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne TotenkopfRZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf

Thank you for your input FB!
    I am really liking this one,
    SS Visor Cap Eagle by "RZM M1/52"
    But, I'm afraid that may have to wait a little while.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast