Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Article about: by ToxicGas You have an impressive collection Friedrich, and these reference photos are very useful. I have saved a few for the purpose of comparing, thanks. If I were to seek an eagle to di

Default Re: RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Rudolf Hoess always claimed that he was badly beaten and tortured by his captors and forced to confess. He also disavowed the book... William
    I wouldn't be suprised if he was badly beaten, though I don't know how strict things were with the Nuremberg trials. Wasn't the book he wrote done of his own initiative? I don't understand why he would write it just to disavow it? I'm not really aware of the actual circumstances surrounding it, though I wonder what he titled the book- I'm pretty sure 'Death Dealer' wasn't his choice...

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story
    P
    Many

I did read the book years ago and it didn't sound forced to me, I remember. Who knows what to believe-there was So many nasty deals going on with all the different countries, no one came out of that war lily white... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Some heavy reading there mate !!! Hope you enjoy your visit ( if enjoy is the right word ) , Krakow is very nice !!
    It is indeed, but definitely worthwhile and fascinating to me. The psychology behind much of the Third Reich has interested me greatly since I started collecting. I've often wondered what conditioning it takes for a 'normal' person to carry out such things.

I do look forward to the trip, though definitely not in the conventional sense. I'll hopefully return with lots of photos of Krakow!

Mat

?

I agree krakow is lovely i hope to go back one day , rgds Dave

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I did read the book years ago and it didn't sound forced to me, I remember. Who knows what to believe-there was So many nasty deals going on with all the different countries, no one came out of that war lily white... William
    Precisely, and it was for this reason that I briefly entertained the idea that the 'Beast of Belsen' was a product of Allied propaganda, though this is evidently not the case. Since the start of my interest in WW2 years ago, I swiftly learned that it's never black and white... no 'good guys and bad guys'. The attached image is something I made to express the idea, a kind of anti-war poster for a college brief.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M1/52 Totenkopf cap skull with a story  

Wow that tk is certainly a prized possession! Nice catch!

Thanks! I think it will always be the most precious piece in my collection. I have recently sought out a means of telling it's story to more people, something I feel is important to do with things like this. I'll report back with more on that soon, if anything comes of it!

Mat

You go to the "BIG DEALERS" like Oakleaf Militaria, Bill Shea,Craig Gottlieb,etc. and see what they charge for a SS skull without the nice provenance you have and you got a great deal on yours! Totenkoph Officers skull was advertised by a dealer on a site and because it faced left he wanted $5,000 for it!! It is beyond words that these guys dont realize that new collectors are just going to say the hell with this!!You got a nice piece and Bob Coleman who knows what he is talking about made the comment on its being real and this way if some moron gives you a hard time about it ask the clown how many years he has in the hobby! GOODBUYS

Once you return from Krakow, you will surely see all of this rather differently, I can assure you.

In Bergen Belsen Conc Camp case like in other Conc camp Cases is only one colour BLACK.
    Peter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast