Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

skull ss copy?

Article about: Hello Fellow skull copy or good? please help

It looks good to me, based on what I can see. It's a shame to find this little skull in such a condition. The front side still looks fairly decent, though. I suppose you could say that the charring adds "character" to the piece! It would be interesting to learn the story behind this one...

EDIT: Please disregard this comment... When I first saw this skull, I was looking at a tiny picture of it on my phone, and I was extremely tired. Upon closer inspection, I do not believe this skull to be authentic. My apologies!
    Last edited by daveward; 06-25-2015 at 01:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement skull ss copy?
    P
    Many

that thing is so fake

Here's a picture to compare..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture skull ss copy?  

That's what I get for looking at a picture of a skull on my phone after being awake for 36+ hours!! Now that I'm on my computer and can see things up close, I'd like to change my opinion on this skull... One thing that is very obvious and not shown in Sid's comparison photo is the difference in the size of the skull's left eye socket. It is much wider and more round on the skull in question than it is on an authentic skull (original pieces have a narrower, oval-shaped eye socket). The skull in question appears to be a variant of this fake, with more traditional prongs (note the extra material around the edge, the enlarged eye socket, and the crooked numbering of the maker's mark):

skull ss copy?

skull ss copy?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Here's a picture to compare..
    Hi. But maybe there's a chance? Please tion certainly work on some more. Greetings

Quote by Swinemunde68 View Post
    Hi. But maybe there's a chance? Please tion certainly work on some more. Greetings
    Hi. But maybe there's a chance? Please certainly work on it some more. Greetings

Have any of the sculls you've posted been original Swinemunde? Or will you keep posting fakes to the forum until you get a 'winner'?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Have any of the sculls you've posted been original Swinemunde? Or will you keep posting fakes to the forum until you get a 'winner'?
    To be fair, I counted 4 out of 7 of his "jawed" skulls that have been deemed authentic... I am definitely curious about where all of these are coming from, though! He sure has been posting a lot of skulls for review in a short amount of time. I assumed that these were items he was handling in person. If that's the case, then he certainly has more luck coming across these pieces offline than I do!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    This skull is just to sell and do not want to buy a copy? So please help me, they are my previous

Quote by daveward View Post
    To be fair, I counted 4 out of 7 of his "jawed" skulls that have been deemed authentic... I am definitely curious about where all of these are coming from, though! He sure has been posting a lot of skulls for review in a short amount of time. I assumed that these were items he was handling in person. If that's the case, then he certainly has more luck coming across these pieces offline than I do!
    2 copy 2 copies and maybe this is a copy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast