Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!

Article about: Hello to everyone. This is the first forum I have joined. I have been researching these type if insignia for quite some time now, and in doing so the internet has shown a few Forums to get s

I cannot comment on this item. You might kindly put your images in the SS uniform part, as it will then attract the relevant expertise.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!
    P
    Many

ooops, Thanks FB.

Kleindls post moved
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Kleindls post moved
    Thank you, dear sir, for your constant leadership of our little crowd.

The Jude star is fake, too. Sorry for your misfortune but you have many copies present.

Can you please explain how you know this. thanks

Im not a expert in SS caps as Friedrich or other members from this forum,but Im sure the second pattern SS skuls posted by you are fake 100%.
    If you have opportunity pls made more detailed pics of those panzer skulls I think I can recognize them -fake or orginal.
    Thanks

Here is orginal Jude star founded on the web
    Of course was many variants but I agree with youthcollector 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Allgemeine Cap Insignia, Please look!  

Hello, first I would like to say thank you for all of your responses. When FB reviewed the Allgemeine cap, I knew right away he was right. He has been able through study, work, and factual evidence been able to determine weather or not an item in Genuine. On an other note regarding the Totenkopf insignia I had posted. So far, I have not found one piece of evidence that makes them fake, other than/ yes its fake. That's all I have seen and heard. I have read dozens and dozens of threads regarding that insignia and there is just nothing. I should say, there is one comment that was made and he said, they are deemed fake because we have no original copy to compare them to. I am not convinced they are fake, so far on this forum, I have found factual evidence in reference to anything you look at regarding weather its fake or real, but not these skulls. If there is some sort of good history or facts that make them bad, Please and I mean this with the most respect, Please enlighten me. I see no reason why the SS would put there mark in a circle on Uniforms, Mess tins, canteens, Belts, many types of leather items, other insignia, belt buckles, etc. For some reason these Beautiful Skulls, I might say that they have much more "looks " to them than allot of confirmed Originals. I am in no way putting down the opinions of the Great minds of this Forum so, Please don't get me wrong. This is just how I believe, until there is some factual knowledge to prove me wrong. Regarding the Star of David, The sham cant be fake. I really don't know how it could be. I have collected for many years, so I do have a little knowledge under my belt. I have seen Veterans collections have fake items in them before, as they have added items to there collection. But I don't think that is what happened here. If you do the research and look at the info he had written on the back of the sham, you will notice that these soldiers were in most cases only able to grab small mementos. As they were always on the run, that's why all of the insignia. The rarest items on the sham are the Camouflaged backed eagles, 1 SS and 2 Luftwaffe. very rare indeed. But that can be another story. other original star of David's I have seen are just like this one, if you could please, find factual information on how this piece is not original. finding another example on the internet, is not what I would call, proving something wrong. It just shows another example. Thank you to everyone and there responses.

As regards the eagles on the "sham", which is aptly named under these circumstances I think, the Luftwaffe eagles all have the same elongated head and the elongated last tail feather which is not seen on originals and as to the camo backing on them and the SS, again they do not compare to originals. Perhaps you could spend some time searching threads in the Heer and Luftwaffe uniforms sections as many images of original cloth eagles can be found in that section. In this case, you need to find images of known originals that are the same as yours, which you will not be able to do and only then might your case that the "sham" is all original be proven. Sadly it is not and items like this with Vet provenance are a common fakers trick and unless you bought it directly from a gentleman in his 90's I would always treat such a story with a lot of caution and even then it is the items that need to be looked at and the old collectors saying, "buy the item not the story" seems very applicable in this case. I have similar US cloth (& British) souvenir items and I could easily staple a load of fake items to one of them and write a name on the back, age it and sell it as a period original put together by a Vet, but it would not be real and might not have anything period on it at all or as in your case a mixture of real and fake items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast