Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS cap eagle help

Article about: I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on this cap eagle. I was recently offered this example, but sadly I don’t know anything when it comes to authenticating these. PS- sorry

Default SS cap eagle help

I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on this cap eagle. I was recently offered this example, but sadly I don’t know anything when it comes to authenticating these. I personally feel like the shape of the head is incorrect, but I could be wrong.

PS- sorry for the censored images, they are not mine.

Best regards- Jarret

SS cap eagle helpSS cap eagle helpSS cap eagle help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap eagle help
    P
    Many

The head should be rounded. Can you get better (sharper) pics?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The head should be rounded. Can you get better (sharper) pics?
    Unfortunately these were the only photos the seller gave me.

Best regards- Jarret

If these were the only photos forthcoming, and the seller is reluctant to send more, I'd be highly skeptical at best. When it comes to SS insignia, you don't want to take any chances. I'd ask for more photos, and if the seller makes excuses or refuses, I'd look elsewhere.

Regards, B.B.

I just requested more photos from the seller and he sent me these. The same photos from before, but uncensored and a bit more clear.

Best regards- Jarret

SS cap eagle helpSS cap eagle helpSS cap eagle help

Ok, now I can see It better, It's a fake (head and chest feathers are different. But It's a nice one made. Kind of marking and attachments are like on the original Deschler eagle like this one below..SS cap eagle help

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Ok, now I can see It better, It's a fake (head and chest feathers are different. But It's a nice one made. Kind of marking and attachments are like on the original Deschler eagle like this one below..SS cap eagle help
    I greatly appreciate the help on this one! I found it on an online site where people sell things locally. The price was extremely fair, but I knew I should consult the forum before I took the gamble. I’m certainly glad I did! Almost threw away a bit of cash.

Best regards- Jarret