Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

ss cap? or Wehrmacht?

Article about: What do you think of that hat, ss eagle and the rest of the Wehrmacht

Default ss cap? or Wehrmacht?

What do you think of that hat, ss eagle and the rest of the Wehrmacht eagle Ferdinand Wagner I think so
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap? or Wehrmacht?   ss cap? or Wehrmacht?  

ss cap? or Wehrmacht?   ss cap? or Wehrmacht?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cap? or Wehrmacht?
    P
    Many

Nice cap. Needs the proper badge. The SS badge looks authentic, too.

I doubt these all were in situ together in 1944.

I would agree.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ss cap? or Wehrmacht?This is a Lubstein grey SS officer's cap.

There were organizations in eastern and or occupied Europe who did, indeed, wear the SS Hoheitszeichen....

I cannot recall which. Messr Saris or Mint will know the answer.

That's a nice cap, which can easily be restored to an army infantry officer's cap.

I think someone gave themselves eagle ss to cap Wehrmacht?

I agree with my colleagues that a likely scenario was one similar to the attached photo - in that the 'offending' eagle emblem was removed at the time of capture / capitulation and an SS one added at a later date by an unknowing restorer to "complete" the ensemble.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap? or Wehrmacht?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have a Heer cap that came with a Luftwaffe Adler. It was someone's attempt to replace the missing Heer Adler. Perhaps the same here. Check the liner for markings and maybe you can determine the origin of the cap. NH

I wonder... If this cap is Wehrmacht, and this "wrong" SS- Eagle was added at some later date to resore the cap back to complete.... wouldnt this cap need an silber-thread eagle embroidered over a green background - instead of a Metal "badge-style" eagle ??

ss cap? or Wehrmacht?ss cap? or Wehrmacht?ss cap? or Wehrmacht?ss cap? or Wehrmacht?
    Quote by danhashman View Post
    I wonder... If this cap is Wehrmacht, and this "wrong" SS- Eagle was added at some later date to resore the cap back to complete.... wouldnt this cap need an silber-thread eagle embroidered over a green background - instead of a Metal "badge-style" eagle ??
    The cap can have a metal badge or an embroidered badge.

- - ------- - -

.....!!!!!!!!!........