Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS eagle 475/42 real?

Article about: Everyone, here is an SS eagle a fellow collector and friend(new friend) has for sale. I have bought a few things off him that were very well priced and 100% original. He never gouges prices

?

Default SS eagle 475/42 real?

Everyone, here is an SS eagle a fellow collector and friend(new friend) has for sale. I have bought a few things off him that were very well priced and 100% original. He never gouges prices or tries to make a killing on someone. He is an older gentlemen , in his 60's and technology is not his best area, so he scans all his items for sale and sends pics that way. This results in poor quality photos ... :-(
    The eagle is marked 475/42 , however i compared to a recent post regarding a 475/42 eagle and the numbers and RZM logo are not in the same area on the reverse and the pins are different. The pins on the one my friend is selling are flat, not round. Any help with this eagle would be great! Sorry for the poor pics! He has included a sketch of the maker marks and placement. thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS eagle 475/42     real?   SS eagle 475/42     real?  

SS eagle 475/42     real?   SS eagle 475/42     real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS eagle 475/42     real?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS eagle 475/42 real?

It's a fake unfortunately.

Ben is correct, as usual.

Bob Hritz

Here's a better picture of that type of repro , for future reference . You did well on noticing the pins - the position for this marking is indeed wrong too ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS eagle 475/42     real?  

And of course watch out for reproductions with the marking in the correct place ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS eagle 475/42     real?  

Indeed fake.