Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?

Article about: Does the earlier cap insignia command a premium over late war insignia or vice versu.I know cond. is a factor.I have 600.00 in these 2,have prices went down on them or held their value.I kno

CBH
    ?

Great to hear good TK's can still be found at auctions and at a great price, it does the heart good!
    I'd price the sets at a minimum of 1500$, with better photos the early set may be even more.
    The prices of these just continue to rise, supply and demand.
    With a thousand fakes for every original, and a matched set even rarer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?
    P
    Many

Thanks I appreciate it!

Is there anyway to tell what year the auction skull I posted was produced?Is is a cupal skull?Looks like maybe an earlier one as the base metal is starting to peak through on the brows and high points .Would you rather have a set that looks like it came out of the factory or a set that was actually used and shows honest wear?I know on pistols and rifles most collectors want the best cond. examples.Anyway how do you grade insignia,is this skull considered 80% 90% or excellent to very good?Got on a site called German War Booty and he has a m1/52 skull that sold for 1250.00,wow, not sure if the same era skull as mine,looks like it has more silver wash so better cond.There is a 155/42 eagle on there that is damaged and price is near 1k?,no 36 dated eagles on there. I know those are dealers prices.Anyone bought from this dealer,he seems to have all original stuff.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 06-04-2018 at 03:21 AM.

CBH
    ?

The photos are hard to make out too many details of the condition of the items, I'd suggest taking some in natural light.
    Also the Collectors Guild is a great site with detailed descriptions on SS insignia, far from cheap, but they have a great reputation.

The German War Booty site is one we recommend and it is costly, but Telesmanich has authentic items and clear images.

The Deschler badge is post March 1935 until whenever, or at whatever time the neusilber badge was phased out
    or whatever. The M1 subsection of the RZM had a different name prior to said date.
    Any other criteria of dating, i.e. the malarkey on the other site, and so on, is suspect in my jaundiced view.

Even prior to mobilization, the materials used in these items were sharply cheapened, but it is also
    quite possible that there existed a more deluxe version of a badge and a cheap version of the same badge.

The distinction was also made, as Wim points out, between insignia for the black cap with the neusilber finish and
    the alu badges for the grey cap. However, the badges for the black cap and the grey cap as separate items
    are listed in the spring of 1942, and one can see a variety of materials in use in such items....and so on.

If that confusion makes sense, then you are ahead of the game.

Thanks guys,really appreciate it!Some great info here,will take some better pics in natural light and post as to cond.Will check out Collectors Guide too for info,thanks for the heads up on War Booty.

Here are some outside pics in bright light to help with judging condition.They all seem to have seen period useage,some more than others!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?   SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?   SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2