Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Gold Cap skull?

Article about: Just brought this home today, from local scrap gold place, its not gold, but at a glance, looks like it is, you can peel back the gold, its like heavy tin foil, gold and copper under it, the

Default Re: SS Gold Cap skull?

I'd frame and seal it, and display it with a memorial plaque. I would do that before I would throw it out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gold Cap skull?
    P
    Many

?

How would you you seal it, in what?

I'm not sure what I would actually seal it with, but I would have to do more research on that. I suppose I would just frame it and never open the box again. If that really is some sort of human remains on it then I would just keep it in a way that would prevent people from messing with it, myself included.

Some kind of perspex box or perhaps framed?

Exactly, with a nice memorial plaque of some sort to accompany it. Throwing out militaria is heresy!

its off to a good home now, it will be well cared for..

?

Hey guys, i am going to step up and say that the TK is coming to me.......... it shouldn't be thrown out, but preserved and cared for. For all we know, this is all that remains of this fallen soldier. I would like to do it justice, i just do not know how to frame properly. Being 70 yrs old, if there are any human remains.....there is no chance of any biological danger to myself or family, so i was thinking just a small riker for now until i can find a way to seal it, air tight. obviously, i will handle with gloves and great care. Any ideas on how to preserve this are welcome !!!!!!

?

I was thinking an Air tight coin capsule or bar capsule?

I'm not sure what exactly you could use, but I am glad that it has found a good home.

It may or may not be a grave found piece, of course. It might simply have been buried with some horrid rotting thing that could be animal remains or who knows what. Personally, I'd soak it several days in a mild detergent and water solution then let it air dry for a day or 2. That should remove any decomp stench, I would think. Then put it in a small shadow box style frame and either hang it or use an easel type mount. It's a grisly thing, by any reckoning, but the stink could be coming from any manner of reasons-not just human decomp.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast