Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ss hat pins....real or fake???

Article about: I am considering purchasing these SS hat pins. I was wondering if anyone can verify their authenticity... REAL OR FAKE???

Thanks , the only thing I did pick up was a Walther P38 and a couple of banners from him. I think I just may give up on this quest, any suggestions on where I might find a real set?
    Thanks again everyone for the input
    Terry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss hat pins....real or fake???
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post
    BTW, etched blade bayonets are also fantasy items. They are generally period bayonets that have been doctored up with etching to appeal to novice collectors.

Good luck, Al
    Not always, there are originals as well.
    ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by tloomis View Post
    Thanks , the only thing I did pick up was a Walther P38 and a couple of banners from him. I think I just may give up on this quest, any suggestions on where I might find a real set?
    Thanks again everyone for the input
    Terry
    Keep your eyes on the classifieds here. They do turn up occasionally.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I was searching through some old threads and had a couple of questions if I may
    First am I correct to say that all of these hat pins were die stamped and that none were cast?
    Also I didnt post a picture of a marking on top of the wing of the eagle that is with the skull with the broken prong. The wing is marked 800. also the eagle is quite a bit heavier than all the others. Does this mean anything to anyone
    Thank You
    Terry

?

Terry, all these authentic badges were produced on high quality die stamps. Casting is just making cheaper quality molds from originals. It takes years to be able to recognize authentic badges through hard work, no shortcuts. Read threads, compare photo's and keep at it until they start to make sense to you. I've been collecting skulls for two years and still have difficulty with many examples. unfortunately the only way to really learn is repetition and visual comparisons. Once you start actually handling them in person you begin to see details and nuances you cant see on digital images. Look up threads by Friedrich-Berthold, carlsson1982, winkleman, arran, chris k just to name a few for a plethora of information. I also have an ongoing thread with all my totenkopf acquisitions with detailed photo's and descriptions. You can start by just reading through the threads in the "SS metal cap insignia forum"

Good luck, Al

Thanks Al, Yes I understand when it comes to learning about fake stuff. I started collecting ww2 m1 carbines in the 90s and found out that alot of the rarer parts were being faked and carbine were being sold for big money as originals. I got lucky and met an old time collector who took me under his wing and showed me fake and original parts and the differences. He took me to shows and schooled me on how to distinguish the fakes and originals apart. I definitely helped by being able to observe the parts in hand and to compare them side by side.
    Thanks again
    terry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2