Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Officer Skull

Article about: Some photos to ponder over in regards to who was to suppose to wear which totenkopf and when they were supposed to do so.. Period photos always make a mockery of all our "textbook"

?

Default SS Officer Skull

Hey guys, planning on buying this skull for $250.. It will be my first SS item so what do you guys think?

SS Officer Skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer Skull
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Officer Skull

Don't know anything about them, but I would be surprised if thise one was all right...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hello 3volv3,

I am not an expert with these so wait for others who are better informed but I have to agree with stuka f above. At first glance, this item doesn't look good to me. I have just compared it to some examples in a book I have and it looks a little different around the teeth area. Wait for others though...somebody will be along shortly I'm sure. Good luck!

Regards

Carl

imo it looks a lot like a fake the skull lines look bad as well as the teeth

tom

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    imo it looks a lot like a fake the skull lines look bad as well as the teeth

tom
    Same here. Not good. I'm no expert, but look at the real one here on forum 3volv3, then you will be able to find out and learn something at the same time. No offense at all. I'm no expert at all but looking at the real ones on forum, even an amateur like will be able to tell. I hope i'm right on this though. Otherwise i will stand in the corner and be ashamed, plus i will study some more.

I would not disclose this skull at once.Opinions from members with experience are needed.

It appears to be the final pattern of the first type skull, complete with RZM and Ges. Gesch. I like it very much.

Bob Hritz

?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    It appears to be the final pattern of the first type skull, complete with RZM and Ges. Gesch. I like it very much.

Bob Hritz
    Thanx Bob, I really like this skull, it is being sold as a "first pattern skull".. What do you think about the price? This is from a very reliable seller

The price is fair for a genuine example. I paid a little less for mine.

Mat

?

Thankfully, somebody more experienced with these early pattern skulls came along (in the form of Bob) and has identified this item. Well done to Bob for the id and well done also to 3volv3 for posting the item before buying it. It shows that it is always best to check. Tom, Datrus, Stuka and myself can all learn from this too. Next time, maybe one of us can make the identification.

Regards

Carl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast