Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Officer Skull

Article about: Some photos to ponder over in regards to who was to suppose to wear which totenkopf and when they were supposed to do so.. Period photos always make a mockery of all our "textbook"

?

Default Re: SS Officer Skull

Way overpriced IMO. I have one that you can buy for £60.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer Skull
    P
    Many

Ben, can I please see a picture of the one you have for sale? I'm interested. I just paid £135 for mine, which I thought was a good price for this type... it came today, I still have the chance to return it.

Mat

?

I don't have a pic of the exact one to sell but it's identical to any of these that I've sold in the past.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer Skull  

?

I was buying these at 45 dollars a pop a few years ago. It's all about doing your research and hours of searching around. No need to pay ridiculous prices.

If it's the same as those, then it's a different variety of the 1st pattern Totenkopf- they are quite similar however. The ones you posted are the older tradition badges I think, I bought one for around your price a couple of years ago. The Totenkopfs that me and the OP have bought/ are buying are more scarce, hence the price. At least, this is what I gather.

Mat

Compare the one I've just purchased to the one on the right in the box, which I believe is the kind you show.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer Skull   SS Officer Skull  

?

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    If it's the same as those, then it's a different variety of the 1st pattern Totenkopf- they are quite similar however. The ones you posted are the older tradition badges I think, I bought one for around your price a couple of years ago. The Totenkopfs that me and the OP have bought/ are buying are more scarce, hence the price. At least, this is what I gather.

Mat

If you say so or have been told so...

Actualy, I have some doubts about the one you bought but what the hell do I know!

It's not the same skulltype. The skull that started this thread should be a Steinhauer & Luck piece.

?

Well, I'll leave it up to you guys to argue about the details.

Ben, I know the badges are different kinds, though I only say what I believe is the case based off what I've read in regards to everything else. If someone can give clarification as to whether the skull in the original post of this thread, and this one were specific to the SS or not, that would be great. It's on that basis that I believe the price of mine was as it was. I bought it with the belief that it was an SS Totenkopf, not a more common tradition Totenkopf.

Any corrections or developments are welcomed.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer Skull  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast