Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Skull- is it worth it??

Article about: All, So I’ve been educating myself more on the SS visor skulls (thanks to the help of the fine people here) and trying to decide on the best skull for the money. I came across this skull lis

You know, this whole question of price and so forth is so very subjective. These things are a luxury, not a necessity.
    I am confronted with health care challenges all around me as an old man, and the fact drives home how extravagant such items
    as these are, really, in the face of so much suffering and deprivation in so many facets of life.

I have spent a great deal of money on SS regalia, as you can see from my posts. Surely a different person, with different priorities would have
    spent such money in a saner, sounder manner.

One factor that dissuades me from purchases is the peanut gallery here, and the swiftness with which even a single person with the cyber bully approach,
    can wreck something. It is absurd.

The SS material is very rare, very much in demand, despite the protest of the sky is falling crowd, and the interest in such regalia is unbroken.

I do not think certain items of SS regalia are worth the asking price, but that is me.

If you want to own such an item, then buy it. There will not be more of it, and, as a generalization from my experience since the 1960s,
    the price will likely rise.

While the SS cap badges are over valued, there are many nice and interesting things that are not, and, I think, one should collect them.

I also collect books from the III. Reich, and I am always happy to own them. I have collected them for a very long time,

and think they are a very sound value altogether.SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??SS Skull- is it worth it??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Skull- is it worth it??
    P
    Many

In today's stratospheric SS regalia market, has it reached the point with caps, that the individual parts of the cap are worth more than the sum of the whole? Does paying $1,000 for a Tk to complete a cap, add that amount of value to the cap or is it more/less? In some arenas of militaria collecting we see people breaking up groups of medals to maximize sale profit. Or selling the presentation box separate from the EK1 that was sitting in it for 75 years. Hopefully "cap stripping" won't become an ugly development in what was once a hobby.

CBH
    ?

Friedrich, I would you say you bet on the Right Horse as far as antique investment go. May other collector fields have crashed, Primitive and Colonial Antiques, antique toys, fine porcelain and most so called ( Brown Furniture ) have had a hard go since the late 90's. But the TR market has stayed strong, with the SS items leading the way. The only better horse I can think of is Chinese Antiques , who have had a great surge, as the world economic power shifts eastward.
    You done very well and we all thank you for your presents here, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but FB - I am astounded by your collection and am glad you post here. There must be big money tied up in your collection, and my guess is that when and if you decide to sell - all hell will break loose!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2