Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS visor real?

Article about: A friend sent me these pictures by text ,Sorry these are the only pictures at the moment. I do not know how to tell a real one from a fake. He has not bought it yet and I do not want him to

Default SS visor real?

A friend sent me these pictures by text, sorry these are the only pictures at the moment. I do not know how to tell a real one from a fake. He has not bought it yet and I do not want him to get burned on a deal. Can someone tell me from the pictures that are available if the visor stands a chance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor real?   SS visor real?  

SS visor real?  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor real?
    P
    Many

?

From these pictures I'd say not an original cap, possibly an "Alteste" fake. Can we see clear close-ups of the insignia?

Quote by Arran View Post
    From these pictures I'd say not an original cap, possibly an "Alteste" fake. Can we see clear close-ups of the insignia?
    I associate myself with this hypothesis from one of the finest experts on such regalia, bar none.

Here is a real SS senior leader cap.SS visor real?SS visor real?SS visor real?SS visor real?SS visor real?SS visor real?SS visor real?

- - ------- - -

actually, here are two real SS senior leader caps, the Oberfuehrermuetze.SS visor real?SS visor real?

Your images are not really very clear, but a.) the cap cover and its Trikotage (very average) and b.) the apparently plastic 1960s sweat rhombus do not augur
    a real cap. Mr. Mint has included some authentic grey and or black senior leader caps.

The cap badges do not have the right patina, either.....

Here is mid to whatever war variant in field grey.SS visor real?

- - ------- - -

With the Augustin Hieke or Hicke badge from the Sudetenland!

These grey caps were turned out via Breuer/Attwood and Physical Culture magazines for manly men in the 1960s by the car load lot....

The Oakleaf site does include also authentic grey caps, which you can examine. I have done enough icon smashing for tonight.

I do not enjoy it, but I do share what I have in the hope of some betterment of the commonweal.

I want to thank you for the help, I will let him know. You just saved him a lot of money I would imagine. I am not sure of the asking price.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

the eagle isn't even attached how it should, you can clearly see the shadow around It, which means that this hat has been recently rebadged..