Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?

Article about: Thank you very much for sharing your knowledges and your patience. It´s - without any doubts - a good idea to get some of those manufacturer´s sales catalogs ...they seem to be really helpfu

Default Re: SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?

I shall go here and have them make marzipan Deschler skulls to be eaten by beautiful women who will flummox "scull" collectors.SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?
    P
    Many

Rather than the pearls before swine of "scull" threads, I should sit here next to these people, and watch what they eat. They read "Die Krone," which is the tabloid in Austria, and extremely anti everything except the people sitting here....SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-24-2011 at 09:51 PM.

?

Friedrich,
    thank you for jiggering up my thread! :-)

Quote by Dedman View Post
    Friedrich,
    thank you for jiggering up my thread! :-)
    You are also welcome that I provided you with several (i.e. four) examples of authentic insignia (not easily found on the internet amid all the mixed up minds) to substantiate the possibility that your object might well be real. Also, my expertise is offered free of charge, which is too cheap by half. My expertise is the result of forty five years of collecting experience, whereby one does know that these badges ( in certain cases, but not all, I think...) have some silver content, which tarnishes and becomes black, which you apparently do not know.

Why these "scull" threads always are absurd is frankly a source of endless irritation to me, and my addition of humor is an attempt otherwise to make the most boring theme into something more edifying.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-24-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Ok, you have a nice piece there Dedman.

?

I don´t wanna be impolite, it was just a pure irony.
    I always respect the more experienced collectors as you are.

If it sounds not good, I apologize for that comment.

With full respect

Dedman

Quote by Dedman View Post
    I don´t wanna be impolite, it was just a pure irony.
    I always respect the more experienced collectors as you are.

If it sounds not good, I apologize for that comment.

With full respect

Dedman
    Thanks. Something was lost in translation and these posts are easy to misunderstand, especially granted how many of them I have answered in the past. You are a lucky man to own a real badge, which sets you apart from the others. I hope you did not pay the insane price for it demanded by others.

On the maroon website, by the way, the self anointed "scull" wizard failed to mention the silver piece in connection with these objects, which is plainly why these things become black. The lad likely owns no family silver himself, coming from a social milieu where such finery is unheard of, I guess.
    I think these badges were sold in differing qualities, as was the case with other insignia of the type. See the Assmann catalog, where such regalia or Effekten came in the cheapo, the mid and luxury version, with different Werkstoffe. It may also be that the CuPal turns black, too, but in a different way.
    CuPal was the ersatz, cheapo alternative to more pricey metals used in such Effekten.

Good luck in your collecting.

Your badge is rare and valuable. Take good care of it.

Or I should write: KupAl.

If someone only knew what this stuff would be worth today, they would have hoarded it.SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?

Come to think of it, here is another of mine, which is black face.SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?

That is, five examples of same on caps all more or less made prior to or including the years 1933/4-1937 whatever that means.

I note that the "scull" fairie on the other site offered no illustrations, as is typical.

How droll.SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?
    Do notice in the 2d photo the variety of badges and their finish. Two of these are black face, in fact, and they are likely of the same date of manufacture as they are both on fairly early caps. But the darkened badge can be found on later caps, too, as I have shown here.
    This fact also speaks to the mania for "matching badges," which in reality collided with the fact that I am sure that often the Totenschaedel had a bright, silver plated finish that contrasted with the Hoheitszeichen. I wonder if the same applied in the old army, i.e. with the Danzigerschaedel, that it was highly polished as well.....likely, no?
    In any case, these badges can be quite dark and this is history at its most subtle.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-25-2011 at 07:30 PM.

The first reprint of this object appeared in the late 1960s, when I was a young collector. It is a must for the insignia collector, not the least the price list part which details the Werkstoffe used....a necessary thing in this game.SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?SS visor skull Deschler & Sohn - Original or some junk?
    The Assmann family built the RZM structure in Berlin from 1927 onwards, and one of them was a Nazi of the first hour. We have included his story here elsewhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast