Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf Fakes

Article about: Hello. I am a junior collector. Hahaha. Right now my collection is made up of a few Luftwaffe items and a Hindenburg medal. It's some stuff I absolutely love, and I am looking for more. Like

Default Totenkopf Fakes

Hello. I am a junior collector. Hahaha. Right now my collection is made up of a few Luftwaffe items and a Hindenburg medal. It's some stuff I absolutely love, and I am looking for more. Like Germany, I am looking to expand. Somehow I ended up with Luftwaffe stuff, and now I want to get into the real deal. The Schutzstaffel. I am looking how to spot fake Totenkopf visor cap skulls. It's the only thing that confuses me! After reading around here and thanks to Ade, I figured out how to spot fake items.

But the Totenkopf still lingers. Please explain to me how to spot fake Totenkopfs. I was staring at a skull for about 10 minutes deciding if I should buy it. It would be something you all would laugh at, and would stare at. Thinking.

So, please explain to me how to spot fake Skulls and then I will attempt to get one. Also, I am about to get an Iron Cross 2nd Class from a friend for a nice price. Don't worry, I won't ask if it's real. Haha.

[Too Long Didn't Read] : How do you spot fake Totenkopf visor hat skulls? Mainly the 2nd pattern.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Fakes
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf Fakes

I would recommend posting photos for others to see! There are allot of very knowledgeable people here ( I am not yet one of them.) that can give you direction. I have had allot of help on just about 99% of my collection on this forum.
    Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Sam

Well I'm not looking at one at this moment, but I want to know what to look for when looking at a skull. Markings, shapes, etc.

I think this thread could be very useful to new SS collectors, I attempted to do the same and compare newly posted skulls to known originals and most of the time I was indifferent. I think it would be beneficial to point out the main areas to differentiate a real item, compared to a piece of trash. I believe on area to watch is the upper lip for having to much of a "mustache".

This is a good tread for originals to compare too SS cap eagles and skulls

A good start though would be to place this in the correct area of the forum in the SS metal cap insignia area.

-Ben

Hi Noob

Keep studying them on forums, both genuine and fake. You will soon learn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Learn how to identify originals first. Spotting fakes will then be easier and you will have the knowledge of genuine examples in your pocket. Study original totenkopf by different makers and materials and get that basic knowledge above all else.
    Why study how to spot fakes when you can study how to spot the real deal?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well if you know how to spot fakes you know which are real. And the same way around.

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    Well if you know how to spot fakes you know which are real. And the same way around.
    Maybe not, as new fakes are probably constantly appearing whilst (new) accepted originals are not. Better to spend the time learning about originals and then anything that does not match is probably a fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

In the case of Totenkopfe you will quickly identify the fake traits anyway

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Totenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesTotenkopf FakesThe point of departure must be authentic items and then a comparison with fakes. No one here has embarked on the tutorial on authentic cap badges that once existed on the German Daggers dot com site. How unfortunate.
    I am not a "scull" expert, though I do own more than one authentic "scull" and have bought my share of fakes in the course of forty five years. And, without physical proximity to such items, no real understanding is really possible, but the approximation of same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast