Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Triple S.P.40 SS skulls

Article about: Personally, I think that the discolouration or "golden" patina in the s.p.40 skull is due to it having been previously cleaned polished or as a result of chemical reaction between

Default Re: Triple S.P.40 SS skulls

Personally, I think that the discolouration or "golden" patina in the s.p.40 skull is due to it having been previously cleaned polished or as a result of chemical reaction between the base metal and the silver wash.
    I have seen exactly the same "golden" colour occur with GAB badges which were only issued in silver.
    Coversely I am of the opinion that the cap skull shown by "cysior" is a straightforward loss of silver finish from a cupal skull.
    Apologies for the quick reply but it is now 5am and I have to get up in 4 hours!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Triple S.P.40  SS skulls
    P
    Many

Quote by cysior View Post
    I don't Niederlande know how did you get 3 SP40 skulls They are so hard to get, and you have 3 already
    About golden patina; I have Overhoff skull, it's not zinc but 2 years ago it looks like your gold SP40, now check this out..
    Cysior,

Correction, I now own 4 S.P.40 skulls including the only one in Cupal known to excist ( for now ).
    You will find my latest one attached

As for your picture, thanks for showing it.
    Do you also have a before picture of that same skull?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Triple S.P.40  SS skulls  

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Personally, I think that the discolouration or "golden" patina in the s.p.40 skull is due to it having been previously cleaned polished or as a result of chemical reaction between the base metal and the silver wash.
    I have seen exactly the same "golden" colour occur with GAB badges which were only issued in silver.
    Coversely I am of the opinion that the cap skull shown by "cysior" is a straightforward loss of silver finish from a cupal skull.
    Apologies for the quick reply but it is now 5am and I have to get up in 4 hours!
    I appriciate your input.

Quote by Stirlitz wiedzial View Post
    Those SP 40 looks more like Darth Vader soace forces. SS
    Those big eyes looks very strange.
    Im not =sure they were exist during nazis era
    Well, they are real and I and all other ss visor insignia collectors know they were from the nazi era.

?

4 SP40 !!! O man...
    Yeah I still own that SP40 . And I'm not going to sell it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2