Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

unknown original SS skull

Article about: "They smile at us from across the abyss in part because their presence makes us insane" FB 9.16.09 HaHa! THE REAL UNKOWN RAY BAN SKULL

Default Re: unknown original SS skull

I found a cap with the same skull on it (this one is not a Deschler)
    I recognise them with the features above the theeth, and theets itself
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown original SS skull
    P
    Many

and here...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull  

and one more..

I think most people didn't recognize them because It "look's" like the common Deschler..

These caps were the cause of quite a fight on other websites, which I do not think we want to duplicate here.

I would ask the following:

1. Do you have other images of this unknown variant other than from the websites associated with certain US mid western dealers, about whom I wish to make no generalization?

2.) What is your hypothesis on this issue?

3.) Were I to have a question on this material, I would ask Bob Hritz and Mr. Bwanek, even though I indeed own more than one SS cap, with insignia on it....which I do not examine said reverse, because I take too much pleasure in a complete cap. By the same token, I do not care who made the buttons on a black SS uniform, viz: see attached.

I frankly think the false distinctions between this kind of SS cap badge and that kind of SS cap badge are as meaningless and totally beside the point as this kind of SS marked tunic button and that kind of SS marked tunic button.....

Happy buttons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull   unknown original SS skull  

unknown original SS skull  

or....in these cases here....in my experience black tunics have buttons from different contractors, which to some purists means there is an "unmatched set".....!!
    Attached Images Attached Images unknown original SS skull  unknown original SS skull 

or maybe these...one even has a Totenschaedel on it, your magic symbol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown original SS skull   unknown original SS skull  

Attached Images Attached Images unknown original SS skull 

?

The first "Ray Ban" skull posted is the same one on the cloth peaked cap is it not? So, we are looking at just the one of this style as I don't believe the others posted are similar.

I wouldn't discount that there are yet to be discovered patterns of TK's. I have seen a few period photos where the skulls look different to all the more usualy seen varieties. However, when I look at that Ray Ban one, the patina looks unnatural to my eye. Almost like the material has been heated up.

yes, but look at the ones posted (not on the caps-)
    The way who they're made, Iam talking about this one because I own one, so I could study it, I have one, I see the way it's patinated the material, the die-strucking proces.For me this one isn't wrong at all.I respect of course other opinions, but like F.B said, It isn't proven that this one is original, but also not that it's a fake. We'll probably never find a document that show us about this one, but that proves nothing.

to BenVK: all the skulls posted are from the same die, so they're all similar
    look at the theeth, the eyebrows..

This here is sometimes called the "unmarked Deschler" or the total outlier, here to fore unknown type. I own one of these I bought from Colleague Hritz, who desrcribed it as an "unmarked Deschler," but I cited the Fa. Richter that made Husarentotenkoepfe for the NSDAP, I think. No one mentions Fa. Richter of Cologne, do they?

I have a lot of cap badges and real ones, too, but I am agnostic about all of these things. Maybe Mr. Bwanek of Texas or Mr. Hritz will grace us here with an opinion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast