Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unmarked SS cap eagle

Article about: Hi! I`m new member of the forum and need Your professional opinion. This unmarked eagle has been discussed on the other forum, there was a lot of debates about the reality and maker. Some co

Default Re: Unmarked SS cap eagle

You dont need any more opinions Alex

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked SS cap eagle
    P
    Many

?

Ok

I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of these then >> SS cap eagle
    Last weeks lesson , already forgotten ..

Unfortunately, despite the attention to detail, this doesn't come close to a Ferdinand Wagner.

Unmarked SS cap eagle

?

They`re different

Unmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleCap badges...authentic ones.

Unmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleUnmarked SS cap eagleThe seeker has much difficulty to find reliable images of authentic material in the confusion of the internet.

In my limited experience, there is indeed an unmarked Hoheitszeichen, but it does not match the piece at the head of this thread, which to my mind is a fake.
    While I own quite a few badges, I do not study them as do others here, as they are very much an ancillary part of my effort.
    The world wide market for these things has accelerated the production of fakes, many made from our pictures.

I apply a simple and brutal criterion to cap insignia: a.) fake? or b.) real?
    secondly, does the piece fit to a black cap of the era 1936-1939 or a grey cap of later make?
    I do not care a fig for rare makers, odd marks, perga perga.
    My best wishes and endless success to those who do. Unmarked SS cap eagle

I am lucky to have found a 1938-39 grey cap with its organic badges, with dates, which is a real coup.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-03-2012 at 05:55 PM.

?

Thanks to All. I`m impressed...That was my 1-st experience in SS insignia. I`m collecting Third Reich orders and badges for at least 15 years...Sorry for my English, my native is Russian.

Happy collecting. It is often an uphill struggle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast