Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull

Article about: by BILLYHUNT That's scary ! It is par for the course, in fact. This comical new fake is the result of our pictures on these sites. Very droll. Do collect something less conflicted. In the en

Default Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull

Hello all, could I have opinions on this skull please as it seems to differ slightly to the Zimmermann originals on this forum. To my eye it seems to have poor definition and the eyes and nose just look different. The fittings look good though. Any comments would be very helpful, cheers.Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skullZimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull
    P
    Many

horrible

Thanks, as you can tell I'm still learning when it comes to this sort of thing and so you've just saved me a few quid. Much appreciated !

Quote by BILLYHUNT View Post
    Thanks, as you can tell I'm still learning when it comes to this sort of thing and so you've just saved me a few quid. Much appreciated !
    You do want to internalize for yourself the traits of the various well known contractors of these badges. That is, the Deschler, the Assmann, the Overhoff and the Zimmermann, to name a few, all have their specific traits. In this case, you have an odd mixture of the Overhoff and Zimmermann badge never found in reality in the epoch. This site has many, many images of authentic badges. You just have to spend some time looking at them.

This is a new generation fake, with the front of a M1/24 skull and the back of a 499/41..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull   Zimmermann marked RZM 499/41 skull  

Thanks, that's exactly what I did. I just wanted confirmation of you guys to be sure. Believe it or not, I am slowly getting to recognize the fakes a bit better thanks to this site !

That's scary !

Quote by BILLYHUNT View Post
    That's scary !
    It is par for the course, in fact. This comical new fake is the result of our pictures on these sites. Very droll.
    Do collect something less conflicted. In the end, you might be more content.
    The curse of the "dead head" is odious.

Save photos of authentic ones to a folder for reference. Initially, to the untrained eye, the various makers may look similar - they are not. Each have their unique attributes.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Save photos of authentic ones to a folder for reference. Initially, to the untrained eye, the various makers may look similar - they are not. Each have their unique attributes.
    Also read Messr Carlsson's posts. Finally, not all "scull" posts make any sense. Some of the "scull savants" are mountebanks.

But, of the major types, there are certain leading traits which are essential for the beginner.

We have been over this sterile field ten thousand and one times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast