Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Zinc Overhoff M1/24 Skull - Opinions, please?

Article about: I know what you're thinking... "Not another skull authenticity post!" I just recently became interested in this fascinating hobby, and I'm the type of person that attempts to learn

"I would like to comment from the perspective of a past in the design and manufacturing of cold forming presses"

Thanks. Of course, this is an expertise I manifestly do not have, but I am fairly certain that nearly all others who opine on these things do not have either.

Any insight you have is very welcome. I attached a very fine article in German on the challenge of working with aluminum for these badges which is very
    technical and I can barely understand it.

I admit that gaps in my knowledge are formidable, and the whole technical dimension of these silly things is an arena of huge mischief by poseurs.

I am glad for your valuable insights.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zinc Overhoff M1/24 Skull - Opinions, please?
    P
    Many

While I agree with F-B that one must have the skull in hand to pass definitive judgment, Dave and I must struggle to make sense of hundreds of photos and to make lemonade from the lemons. This particular thread is blessed to now have images of at least two OVERHOFF M 1/24 skulls which have been judged as authentic. F-B 's sometimes cryptic messages, yet valuable images should encourage others to do their homework well and I encourage others to take advantage of this rare opportunity. I also agree with F-B that the photos may be deceptive and misleading, and the obverse of the skull is often difficult for me to analyze. However, the devil is in the details when one examines the reverse. Both of these reverses have well defined contours.

The time limit placed on posting handicaps someone like me because I compose slowly, so I lost my first two posts until my third one was a charm. I must now learn how to cut and paste other images from the past posts of others in order to continue any discussion. I would like to address various font irregularities associated with skulls deemed to be fake as well as the attachment of prongs. However, this is the first time I have ever posted on any blog whatsoever, and there is the learning curve to hurdle. Thank you for your patience.....Doug.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3