Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?

Article about: Any details would be beneficial, such as approximate location, the overall significance/symbolism of the crest. I wonder if anyone has seen a similar item before. It is a crest that is stitc

Default Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?

Any details would be beneficial, such as approximate location, the overall significance/symbolism of the crest. I wonder if anyone has seen a similar item before. It is a crest that is stitched on both sides of a cloth about 12"x12".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This appears to be an Army standard but also contains symbols of general's batons. More and better photos would be required to verify authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is a Grand Admiral's flag. One would be located on every ship and naval installation. They would be flown when Grand Admiral Donitz would visit. Welcome to the Forum. Please give us some information regarding the flag's provenance.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Welcome to the Forum! It is indeed a Grand Admiral's/Grossadmiral Standard...That's a very rare bird for sure, looking forward to hearing more about this extraordinary discovery!
    cheers, Glenn

as stated its rare,more info please.

Hello, I am the OP. Thank you for confirming that this is a small GRAND ADMIRAL'S FLAG. I don't have too many details about the item. My grandfather, a WW2 Army veteran obtained this item when he was overseas in 1945. He has since passed away and this item was passed down to me, but I was trying to determine more information on its original whereabouts and significance. I don't have much more details. It truly is a very impressive flag to look at.

Posting more good photos of the flag showing some more of the details will enable us to help in determining it's authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Congratulations, your grandfather left you a very desirable and valuable heirloom...Probably one of the rarest Kriegsmarine Flags to be had, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Here are some more detailed pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?   Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?  

Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?   Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?  

Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?   Can anyone provide additional details on this item found in Europe during WW2?  

Looks like its intended use was for a vehicle pennant, and as it is done in bullion, it is one heck of a rare piece.
    (the all weather cello cover is gone, just the pennant, but it is lovely as it is, even with the stitching around the edge coming undone).

Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast