Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?

Article about: Check out this KDF DAF flag. I can't find any info on a period example to know if these even existed. If this is real, I want it! Any opinions? Thank you.

Default DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?

Check out this KDF DAF flag. I can't find any info on a period example to know if these even existed. If this is real, I want it! Any opinions? Thank you.

DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?
    P
    Many

I googled "KdF Flagge" and found that they did indeed exist...but this is the first one I've seen and I can't comment on originality...
    cheers, Glenn

Yes, they existed, and yours looks real. They were usually made by the women on the tour to Norway or wherever their Kraft durch Freude outing took them and so no 2 are alike. The KDF program was good and praised by all the women I talked to in the 60s as lots of fun, so no bad vibes connected to this flag. A great posting.

As Glenn said, the organization did,indeed, exist-and so did the Design, as shown here, but this Flag does not look "right" to me. It looks very much like the modern aged fakes that are flooding the market of late and I would not be surprised if this were simply another such piece. As seen on the ticket book, these flags were, apparently, long banner styles, but this one is not. Personally, I would avoid it out of caution. One question that I would ask of it is, if the white flag has aged and yellowed-why has the central design's white parts not Also done so? DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?DAF KDF Flag? Did these even exist?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Or maybe the main part of the flag was never white to begin with?

A cream colored flag? I can't say that I've ever seen such a thing, as most people would view it as yellowed. These designs can also be found with the central design roundel on Red backgrounds, though. The ticket book, however, is showing a vibrant white and the colors of the Wilhelm Gustlav ship were white as well, so this could well indicate the general design colors of the organization.
    William

If Falconer is correct, no two were alike. I'm not saying this flag is authentic but I'm optimistic.

?

Couldnt it come from a KDF ship or smaller KDF yacht? I kind of like it..
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Hey...Anything is possible! Snap it up, lads! But it's not for me!
    William

The flag is certainly period original. I believe the difference of the white colors in the flag is due to the two areas being different material.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast