Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double sided banner with date in corner HELP

Article about: Double sided banner with date in corner, I was told that they would put the month and year on the top corner in grease pencil when they hung them, so they knew how long the banner lasted whe

?

Default Double sided banner with date in corner HELP

Double sided banner with date in corner, I was told that they would put the month and year on the top corner in grease pencil when they hung them, so they knew how long the banner lasted when it needed replaced. Is this remotely true?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double sided banner with date in corner HELP   Double sided banner with date in corner HELP  

Double sided banner with date in corner HELP  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double sided banner with date in corner HELP
    P
    Many

?

Or is BERLIN in all caps weird? and is 6/44 a date maybe or representative of # 6 of #44? Anyone else have an idea? Because this is defiantly not a capture date...
    Last edited by fbeaty; 04-23-2017 at 04:48 PM.

?

I think I may have found an answer... the 6/44is not a year but possibly 6 of 44... or has other meaning a unit? or maker code? I found another pic on a closed thread...with 4/80 Thoughts? From this thread Is NSDAP Banner genuine?
    Attached Images Attached Images Double sided banner with date in corner HELP 

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    Double sided banner with date in corner, I was told that they would put the month and year on the top corner in grease pencil when they hung them, so they knew how long the banner lasted when it needed replaced. Is this remotely true?
    No.

?

I just saw another post with the same kind of markings... maybe the owner was making a guess with the date. I think it means 6 of 40 like 4 of 80 in the other flags thread. It is interesting that 2 differ flags have similar grease pencil marking? The other one has a maker stamp and then the 4/80, the one I posted doesn't have maker stamp but written BERLIN and 6/44. So maybe a rational thought is Berlin is the maker(location) production #6 of 44?